Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tomahawk ribeye

Options
2»

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,534
    Options
    @llrickman solid looking results!!! Way to go for it and finish like a caveman.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    I would love to see a pic of the surface of the steak when it is pulled off the coals- how much ash stays with it...?  I am going to sear mine first tonight and then cook it- I just find it easier to manipulate the temp of the egg in that direction
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    booksw said:
    I would love to see a pic of the surface of the steak when it is pulled off the coals- how much ash stays with it...?  I am going to sear mine first tonight and then cook it- I just find it easier to manipulate the temp of the egg in that direction
    You can see some of it here. I usually hit the coals with my tongs to knock the ash off before putting the meat on to caveman sear. Sometime coals will stick but I just knock em off.

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m