Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

******OTOTOT SousVide Question OTOTOTOT*****

Options
2»

Comments

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Id say leave alone. Water temp should be same everywhere. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    is it a good idea to plan on changing the location of the steaks every 15-20 minutes or so as to let the water circulate better around them and to flip the steaks laying on the bottom of the cooler or is the water all encompassing and doing its job and I should just leave alone

Wire cooling rack on bottom of cooler will keep the steaks from laying flat on the cooler floor. Still let water circulate 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    Photo Egg ill add on now thanks

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    As I mentioned earlier, in a vessel that big I'd give the steaks/water an occasional stir to try and help even things out. That is a big container for just one small impeller pump to try and keep water moving around a bunch of those nice thick steaks. It's also better to try and keep some separation between each steak so water at the proper temp is surround each steak.
    On the other hand, given your timeline you set I'm sure you are actually already eating the steaks so it's all a moot point now. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk