Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats With The Facebook Icon Button?

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,029
edited August 2019 in EggHead Forum
I don't have Facebook. What does it go to?
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Just clicked it to check.  #science

Let's you post a link to this (or any) thread on FB
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I hear ya. The ol’ Face o’ books was never for me. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    It only appears on mobile.  I believe they tried to do something like this earlier in the big update they did this year and we got them to turn it off.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    It only appears on mobile.  I believe they tried to do something like this earlier in the big update they did this year and we got them to turn it off.
    I am on a Windows 10 Desktop and it shows up for me.  I signed up for FB because the FB Marketplace is much more effective than craigslist for selling stuff.  I want to keep marketplace and get rid of everything else. . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I might be one of the last people who doesn't have Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I really dot know too much about them. Wouldn't a Instagram button be a more value with pictures?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I am on a Windows 10 Desktop and it shows up for me.  I signed up for FB because the FB Marketplace is much more effective than craigslist for selling stuff.  I want to keep marketplace and get rid of everything else. . . 
    Guess that's the benefit of having a sh!tty windows 7 work computer, no "extra" icons.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I might be one of the last people who doesn't have Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I really dot know too much about them. Wouldn't a Instagram button be a more value with pictures?
    Nope I ‘m not a twit , spacebook, or insane gram either. There a few more of use out there.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    me and you.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Yay - more clutter. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    they should change the icon for facebook to

Image result for WTF ICON

it does NOT bother me that theres a facebook link, but i wouldnt use it anyways

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I would rather have the Gilroy Thread back 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Another no bookface, twitter, instagram or anything else like that; old man professional lawn groomer here.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    I just deleted my Fakebook account.  Done.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Now this website is my only social media!  I just remembered linked in.  I'm going to delete that too.  No good has ever come of it for me.

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    And Linked in is gone now too!  Woooo!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It's never totally gone.  You may have "deleted" your social media accounts however, with a few keystrokes there are ways to pull these back up.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    According to the Forum Use Guidelines:

"Facebook Icon: The Facebook icon is there to make it easy to share a thread on the wall of your Facebook page if you are so inclined. You are NOT required to ever click on the Facebook icon. You are NOT required to like or even know what Facebook is. If you couldn't care less about Facebook the icon is just a harmless arrangement of pixels; no need to let it get your knickers in a twist."
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    Options
    It's never totally gone.  You may have "deleted" your social media accounts however, with a few keystrokes there are ways to pull these back up.

Oh I know. . . It is as deleted as I can make it.  As you close it down it basically says you have 30 days to log back in and pick up where you left off.  At least it is not a tap away on my phone.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Facebook allowed me to reconnect with so many folks; family, old Air Force compatriots and especially my high school buddies.  
    However, I'm not comfortable for my different circles of friends/family to see everything I post.  My vegan friends would be horrified to see me on this forum, my Steely Dan group would disown me seeing me in my Ramones t-shirt, and many others would be disturbed about my adopting kittens to strangle as a form of stress relief.  
    I've probably said too much already.

=) 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month