Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket Flat vs Tri Tip question

AltonAlton Posts: 486
Has anyone reversed seared a brisket flat like we do tri tips with any success ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 4,097
    I can’t help you - I just felt bad nobody had responded to your post. In my untried opinion I don’t think it would work very well. I think the brisket would be disappointing- but I don’t know that. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,300
    It’s my understanding that the reason we cook brisket low and slow to a temp of about 200 is because when it is cooked in a more standard fashion it is very tough. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX