Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mortally offended

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
In a first, my wife put ketchup on something I cooked, commenting “well, it’s pretty good....with ketchup “.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement!  I thought it was fine, but apparently this one won’t be going into the regular rotation. 
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What is it?  I mean if it was a hot dog, she would be guilty of poor judgement, but nothing to be mortally offended by.

edit: Ahhh, I just saw the Japanese meatball thread.  Sorry buddy!  Remember Babe Ruth didn’t hit a home run every time he stepped up to the plate.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    What is it?  I mean if it was a hot dog, she would be guilty of poor judgement, but nothing to be mortally offended by.

edit: Ahhh, I just saw the Japanese meatball thread.  Sorry buddy!  Remember Babe Ruth didn’t hit a home run every time he stepped up to the plate.
    But Babe Ruth did live on hotdogs and beer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    www.divorcelawyer.com
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Funny Sh*t

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    LOL. Ketchup.  Ok in a bbq sauce.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    she screamed "GOD D@MN IT YOU F*CKiNG FOOL! And then she got up and left and never returned! They divorsed 6 months later.
    I don’t know her but I like her already. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Ketchup on any seafood is a crime. Maybe fried popcorn shrimp, but cocktail sauce is better. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Yes, but what is cocktail sauce?   Ketchup with some horseradish added.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Horseradish for the win.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yes, but what is cocktail sauce?   Ketchup with some horseradish added.
    from wiki

Main ingredientsKetchup or chili sauce mixed with prepared horseradish
    Ingredients generally usedLemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce
    Options
    The horseradish makes all the difference. I love horseradish 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Thapco
    Thapco Posts: 44
    Options
    Eating at a famous steak house in Chicago and an apparently new waiter ask the table if anybody would need some steak sauce or catsup and my younger son spoke up rather loudly “why, does this steak need it.”  
    I and most of the table and those around us started clapping. I was proud of him. He was only 15 years old. First time I had heard that

I think it embarrassed the waiter
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    The horseradish makes all the difference. I love horseradish 
    My Norwegian grandmother (Dad's side) grew and harvested fresh horseradish.  She'd always wait until a windy day, and picked/grated it outdoors, as the fumes were too strong for inside the house!
    I always thought that horseradish never really fit into norwegian cuisine, most of it is pretty bland.  But, at least the color is correct (norwegians are teased about how "white" all their food is; bread, lefse, cod and other fish, whipped cream, all the cheese, and the dreaded (for me) lutëfisk).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.