Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT — Yeit cup testing — OT (ps: payoff!)

Greetings friends,

im a full buffalo trace in, so if I already posted this, read it again and act like nothing happened...

brandi and I took the family to Emerald Isle, and we always bring all the yetis. All of them. 

So, when we got back, I decided to run a 48 hour ice test on them before running them though the annual dishwashing. 

As you can see, I also tested a “corcicle” and some off brand freebie skinny thermos thingies. 

The results were HORRIFIC. 

Do i have I have to show you the pics of the skinny thing?

so.... I emailed yeti. Showed them all the pics. Said, the 64 oz is less than a year old and held ice for less than four hours. The 10oz held for less than a day. 

Yeti’s response?

Damn. 

Worth the price of admission?

Be nice to each other,
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,866
    Did you keep the lids off of these things the entire time?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Zipper broke on my rtic soft cooler the first day I had it.  It was almost a week before they sent a rma#.  Luckily I caught the fedex guy. That was yesterday, I guess I will wait and see what happens.
      We received this email informing me of all the stuff I need to do to insure I get a replacement.

It is annoying that it is handled through Amazon. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    No sir. Lids were on. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,866
    No sir. Lids were on. 
    Well damn then.  Looks like it’s refund time!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Don’t know what your issue is. When I pour water into my Yetis, it turns to ice!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I have yeti cups, rtic cups and other no-name brands from amazon.  All seem to work similarly to each other.

I’m not convinced there is a quality difference, but I do think the premium yeti gets funds their customer service/return policies, it’s baked in to the price, like some ceramic grill companies do.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    How long is the expected ice retention?  What is the defect, did they hold ice much longer before and lose that efficiency over time?  Hot liquids in my yeti cups still burn the sheet out of me from time to time so they still work the same after quite awhile.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I used my YETI cup yesterday.  Put about four inches of ice in it and topped it off with water.  Left it in the cupholder of my car with the windows rolled up in direct sun while I was at a brewery enjoying lunch and a couple of beers.  Everybody is aware how hot it is everywhere right now.  Came out later.  Ice still in the cup and the water was ice cold.  The outside of the YETI was almost too hot to touch.  Absolutely love mine.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    YEMTrey said:
    I used my YETI cup yesterday.  Put about four inches of ice in it and topped it off with water.  Left it in the cupholder of my car with the windows rolled up in direct sun while I was at a brewery enjoying lunch and a couple of beers.  Everybody is aware how hot it is everywhere right now.  Came out later.  Ice still in the cup and the water was ice cold.  The outside of the YETI was almost too hot to touch.  Absolutely love mine.
    Right. That’s the performance I like. 

Large BGE and Medium BGE