Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: And if you thought a sharknado was bad......

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is telling me they don't treat their sewage in TN like is mandated everywhere else in the developed world.  I totally buy that.
    Options
    and some people believed them...
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Eventually the Gators teeth will fall out 
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Options
    Sounds like a way to catch some drugged out folks voluntarily turning in their drugs to be "properly disposed of."

Florida did something like this a few years back when north florida had 2 hurricanes in 2yrs.. They set up a ton of shelters and announced that anyone with outstanding warrants should come seek shelter.  The local LEO would make sure they were safe and sound in their local jail lol
    NC - LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    "Meth Gators" WBAGNFARB!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Alabama has meth fueled attack squirrels so you never know... 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    In other news, a gator was arrested at Walmart after entering the premises naked and picking a fight with the restroom blow dryer. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Common waste water treatment is an aerobic or anerobic process depending on the design. It concentrates on burning up as much of the s**t or pi$$ though the natural bacteria that  are there. What isn’t eaten up settles in a clarifier tank and the mostly clean water left is treated with chlorine or ozone to kill bacteria and released into the nearest stream. The plant does little to remove drugs like birth control pills that pass through the body or chemical wastes that are illegally dumped into the sewer. Needless to say I simplified the description, it is a full semester course in Civil Engineering plus a lab.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Common waste water treatment is an aerobic or anerobic process depending on the design. It concentrates on burning up as much of the s**t or pi$$ though the natural bacteria that  are there. What isn’t eaten up settles in a clarifier tank and the mostly clean water left is treated with chlorine or ozone to kill bacteria and released into the nearest stream. The plant does little to remove drugs like birth control pills that pass through the body or chemical wastes that are illegally dumped into the sewer. Needless to say I simplified the description, it is a full semester course in Civil Engineering plus a lab.
    The only way an alligator would get a large enough dose would be to gobble up a baggie of meth.  This is my point.  Otherwise it would be diluted beyond pharmaceutical efficacy.   Steroids are another story.  My company tests wastewater, including in Puerto Rico, the only place in the US where this is a real issue.
    Options
    The only way an alligator would get a large enough dose would be to gobble up a baggie of meth.  This is my point.  Otherwise it would be diluted beyond pharmaceutical efficacy.   Steroids are another story.  My company tests wastewater, including in Puerto Rico, the only place in the US where this is a real issue.
    This guy gets it. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    As I said I simplified it a lot.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options

I'm more scared of those damn IR "automatic" toilet flushers, which decide to flush on no apparent cue, while you're seated.  And it sounds like a damn turbine engine/Vitamix blender....  GAH!!!  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Botch said:

I'm more scared of those damn IR "automatic" toilet flushers, which decide to flush on no apparent cue, while you're seated.  And it sounds like a damn turbine engine/Vitamix blender....  GAH!!!  
    I thought that was the automatic bidet feature.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Public facilities use automatic flushers because the public often will not flush. Public restrooms are frequently designed to minimize vandalism which is surprisingly common. I built several public restrooms in my career and a few sewage treatment facilities.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    :o Botch said:
    How often are you seated on these public toilets?  :o

Actually, I know what you mean since our toilets at work are all auto flush.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Botch said:

Pre Progammed to Courtesy Flush
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Cornholio said:

So you must "hover" over them vs sit?  Or hold it?  I'm going to guess there was a life-changing "cornholio" experience in your past from some meth-charged toilet denizen....
    Options
    I am anxiously awaiting Meth Gator 1, 2 ,3 ...
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Cornholio said:

So you must "hover" over them vs sit?  Or hold it?  I'm going to guess there was a life-changing "cornholio" experience in your past from some meth-charged toilet denizen....
    What’s a denizen?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Cornholio said:

What’s a denizen?
    Image result for deep sea creaturesImage result for deep sea creaturesRelated imageImage result for deep sea creatures

etc....
    Options
    northGAcock said:
    What’s a denizen?

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    As a Denizen, he looks like he’s exercising his inalienable right to a Grand Slam Breakfast.  
    Flint, Michigan