Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite coffee

Options
13»

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    It’s only a couple of months till Starbucks brings back the Punkin latte. Can’t you feel the momentum building?
    Punkin spice and yoga pants. The best part of course is the yoga pants 
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    I settled on Peet's medium roast "Brazil Minas Naturais." I only drink it for breakfast and it's a great start to my day.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

This is the usual for the wife, usually in a le creuset French press.  

We also usually have some Starbucks French roast for when the in-laws are in town and we need to break out the drip coffee maker to satisfy the volume they want.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Folgers Classic Roast
    New Albany, Ohio 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I've been making my own cold brew.  I go to the local place and get the same beans they use to make their cold brew.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I used to buy various Peet's dark roast beans and grind them daily, but my burr grinder broke (don't know where I bought it, but maybe I will take it back to Costco). Last year I bought a Nespresso machine, and I now drink straight strong espresso or cappuccino. Sometimes a latte.

Before my doctor threatened me with numerous pills and I lost 60 pounds (still going) I would put a shot of Bailey's in my coffee. Sort of became addicted to that, and ended up putting a shot of coffee in my Bailey's. We don't keep Bailey's in the house anymore, and that is good for the diet and the budget!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    It’s only a couple of months till Starbucks brings back the Punkin latte. Can’t you feel the momentum building?
    Apparently you’ve never seen Robin in yoga pants. 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I mix up the coffee beans for whatever local stuff on sale - but now I add a shot of Illy espresso in my morning joe (called red eye) . . Needed as 1 year old wakes up before 6am.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Apparently you’ve never seen Robin in yoga pants. 
    Sure is a purdy site to see. Friday morning yoga at Butt Blast is the 2nd best part of the weekend 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Sticking to one coffee is like sticking to one wine or one beer. A bit of variety is good. Here in the UK, I use a company that buys in batches of beans from small producers and co-ops from around the world and is fair trade for the grower. They roast it and send it out within a day or 2, freshly roasted makes a huge difference.  I get 2 packs a week in the post, 2 different varieties (often repeated the next week). All are good, but different. I have a good quality burr grinder, grind fresh for each brew. An Aeropress does the brewing duty, I make it strong and use a Dualit milk frother. If someone wants a filter style coffee, I dilute down  and add a splash of milk or cream.

I like your grinder!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Don Pablo Guatemalan during the week, autodrip.
    Mt Comfort coffee Peruvian on the weekends, either percolator or French press.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    I have a local joint that roasts the beans daily. I can smell it from my house a mile away when the wind is right.   No fancy names. They just call it wherever it’s from . “Brazilian” , “costa rican” , “Sumatra” , “Ethiopian “ , etc.  Freshly roasted coffee is worth every penny.   It a called Little River Roasting Company. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    San Francisco Coffee Company Organic Rainforest Blend. That or SFCC Fog Chaser
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Cire69
    Cire69 Posts: 12
    Options
    I roast my own...  Partial to African coffees.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Community Coffee Cafe’ Special. Medium/Dark roast. Sugar only here. 
    I used Community Coffee for 30+ years at our Toyota store in Killeen and no one complained. Good coffee. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.