Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Deepfake Video - OT

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,473
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
This is a thread about technology, although the political ramifications are truly frightening.  I've been following stories on this for awhile; basically, computer tech that allows near unidentifiable "photochopping" of video.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Shining, starring Jim Carrey: 
:o:o:o  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_NZpkttXE

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    For sure we’ll see this kind of tech weaponized for political purposes, and lots of folks will get fooled without ever learning that they were.  A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put on its shoes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So far all the videos I’ve seen of this stuff look terrible and obvious. But over time they are going to get better and better and everyone should be very very worried about it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    For sure we’ll see this kind of tech weaponized for political purposes, and lots of folks will get fooled without ever learning that they were.  A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put on its shoes.
    Twain?
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    dharley said:
    Twain?
    Twitter
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    dharley said:
    Twain?
    Twitter
    Twainter? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    He sounds just like Jack in the Original.  Wow.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95