Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Looking for a pineapple corer.....without a slice cutter.....

northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,095
Looking online and retail....no slice feature....or outer core functionality required / desired. I know they exist, cause I have seen them before. A link (no luck with Amazon).....would be helpful if you have found joy. Lookin for a proven solution. 

PS....some great pineapple available this time of year. 
Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,990
    I think you can just make one with a piece of PVC pipe.   Sharpen one end and pound it in.

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,095
    I think you can just make one with a piece of PVC pipe.   Sharpen one end and pound it in.
    What? ....and no designed pusher outer device......you mean push it out of tube with your finger? Hell I could prolly do that.

• bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,521
     Is this what you are looking for?

Hi
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,481
    Pineapple No GIF
    That’s the one I like best.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,057
    Making pineapple jam..
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jtcBoyntonjtcBoynton Posts: 2,447
    edited July 6
    What? ....and no designed pusher outer device......you mean push it out of tube with your finger? Hell I could prolly do that.
    Wood dowel or smaller pvc to push the core out.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• 1911Man1911Man Posts: 204
    edited July 6
    Funny, see plenty with a quick search on Amazon... 
    Here's one that will just core and remove the outside for you: https://www.amazon.com/Pineapple-Stainless-Peeler-Cutter-Kitchen/dp/B07L8TW6PC 
    Or just remove the core: https://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-10-Inch-Pineapple-Corer/dp/B000VAOCBW
    Egg #1: Medium BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan and Smokeware chimney cap.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,095
    1911Man said:
    Here's one that will just core and remove the outside for you: https://www.amazon.com/Pineapple-Stainless-Peeler-Cutter-Kitchen/dp/B07L8TW6PC 
    Or just remove the core: https://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-10-Inch-Pineapple-Corer/dp/B000VAOCBW
    Thanks....was looking for some personal experience / endorsement. Ordered the second one. Hell for $13 bucks....i'll try er out.

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 1,867
    Wood dowel or smaller pvc to push the core out.
    Centrifugal force.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,966
    Robin I think if you had to hit one of these with a mallet it would knock the core out..

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 24,829
  • 1911Man1911Man Posts: 204
    1911Man said:
    Thanks....was looking for some personal experience / endorsement. Ordered the second one. Hell for $13 bucks....i'll try er out.
    Never gone through getting a fresh one and doing it up myself. I think my parents might have done that once or twice about 30+ years ago. For me, it would be a waste to get one and such. Mostly because I wouldn't eat it in time. Or have enough love for it to even try. ;)

Once you get the item, and use it, post up if it works or fails.
    Egg #1: Medium BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan and Smokeware chimney cap.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,418
    I got just what u need!

For $14.99 plus a separate processing fee you will get your fully customizable pineapple corer that is approximately 10" long

Call now! Supplies are limited 

*Rockwood not included 

XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!