Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever wax your egg?

I know there are going to be some perv comments from the title, and that's OK, let it fly.  But I was looking for a product to kind of restore my 10 year old medium's wooden handle, and came across this:

It worked really good on the handle, so I then wiped the bands, and other metal surfaces on my egg.  Holy crap, they looked almost brand new from it.  They had previously had a powdery oxidation look that they were taking on.  So then my brain says, what about the enamel on the outside of the egg?  Boom, that looks brand new (ish) too!  Next thing I knew, I was waxing the kamado joe jr too, and that thing looks better than new now too!  This might go into regular maintenance for me, I am impressed.

Before:

After:

I am sure when this guy does its next meat sweat, it will all go away, but it looks like a new egg, for now.

Comments