Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Large Table Build -- Solid Mahogany!

Options
2»

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Man. I have a lot of room for improvement.  I was pretty proud of my table. Was.  Haha

this is crazy good.  And mahogany to boot! I’m not confident enough in myself to drop the coin on premium materials. 

Great work

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    I have a wood shop, and was surprised you can find decent mahogany board lumber.  It was popular in the 70’s, when I got in the building trades.  Most of my suppliers only stick hardwoods now!  Very nice craftsmanship on your project!
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Where did you find the wood? With my local prices, building a table like that out of Mahogany would cost more than a couple Eggs.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Too sweet!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    wow, that is gorgeous

love to hear about it in a couple years, once it has some serious use. see how it ages, what things you might have done differently, etc
    Boom
  • doubleapex
    doubleapex Posts: 82
    Options
    Teefus said:
    Where did you find the wood? With my local prices, building a table like that out of Mahogany would cost more than a couple Eggs.
    I purchased the wood from Koopman lumber. It was about $1100 for all the wood. 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Teefus said:
    ouch! factoring what your time is worth and materials you might have the most expensive wood table on the forum! but it is gorgeous and will probably last longer than I'll live
    Boom
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    You guys that can pull this off amaze me. I can't cut crown molding...

Very nice!!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• doubleapex
    doubleapex Posts: 82
    Options
    Teefus said:
    ouch! factoring what your time is worth and materials you might have the most expensive wood table on the forum! but it is gorgeous and will probably last longer than I'll live
    Plus all the hardware, drawer slides, varnish, screws, sandpaper, saw blades, etc etc. haha.  Definitely went over budget, but it’s been a lot of fun...especially when it started to take shape!  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Beautiful project, Sir!  :triumph:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.