Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs done too soon?

Options
My beef ribs are done about 2 hours earlier that I planned. The cow drives the cook for sure!

I assume I can wrap in foil and put them in a oven set on warm (170) oven?

Thanks in advance.
Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Options
    I have the exact same problem.... Mine are at 180 now.. I have wrapped them before. I just FTC but they are so fatty the oven method you mentioned should work great as well.
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Yes.  Keep them above 140 and don't let them dry out.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I wrapped them in HDAF and they are in the oven at 170.

Thanks.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    If they probe tender you’ll need to let them rest unwrapped until the IT starts to drop.  This will keep the protein from over cooking once wrapped.  

For 2 hrs I’d wrap in HDAF and a towel them into a cooler.  Short span like this the oven isn’t really needed unless you don’t have a cooler. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Beef must cook faster in Chicago.  Y’all should be fine.  I think they get better after a few hour rest. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Beef must cook faster in Chicago.  Y’all should be fine.  I think they get better after a few hour rest. 
    I’m actually in Austin. 

I had temp control issues. Probably need to address my underbite. I think it’s affecting air flow. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Options
    If they probe tender you’ll need to let them rest unwrapped until the IT starts to drop.  This will keep the protein from over cooking once wrapped.  

For 2 hrs I’d wrap in HDAF and a towel them into a cooler.  Short span like this the oven isn’t really needed unless you don’t have a cooler. 
    Turns out my wife needs the oven for roasted potatoes so they have been Yeti'd.

Dennis - Austin,TX