Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YukonRon ... you ok?

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943

Just checking in after the Kentucky Derby, that was wild. Hope your ticker held out!!

I disagree with the call. On that sloppy track the jockey for Maximum Security was just keeping his legs under him. I didn't see any intent.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636

Nope brother. 3 lane change that miraculously didn’t end in catastrophe was a miracle. There was no jockey intent. It’s a horse race. Thought the stewards would demure. They made a good call.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    edited May 2019

I just read the rules. I must now change my stance and agree there was interference (pretty all encompassing definition). I thought a jockey had to do it, but a horse stepping out breaks the rules too.

I am interested in how they decided on final standings though. I didn't see Country House in the mix. I will have to watch it again.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984

A lot of folks threw down their tickets after the race was over and did not see the Inquiry on the board.....and left.

We had some folks drop over after the race, and they said it was mayhem, people were fighting for those tickets that were left laying on the ground because the folks that bet, thought they lost and just tossed them.

Once it was announced, people started turning around from leaving, and coming back to find out what was going on and hopefully to find their bet tickets.

That is when it got ugly.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

If I understand the rules completely, the stewards made the correct call.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

I know a guy named Stuart....now he is a bad call.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029

Just checking in at @YukonRon How is is the head this morning ? And how is Stuart?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon

Stuart wandered off aimlessly last night, failed to stay in his lane.....

Head was ok.....had to go down to our son's university and pick up some stuff for the end of the semester, just got back...

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky