Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went to buy charcoal

Options

Went to buy charcoal at local dealer last Friday on day off.. came home with a new band and Eggspander! Then they recommended a butcher in town I have never been to, and that also cost me money. Made a killer tri tip and a flattened chicken sandwiches.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,454
    Options

Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey. Above all, have fun. Nailed that tri-tip.

At some point it would be helpful if you could add your general location to your sig line. Helps with region specific threads. Guessing, you must be in CA given the nonchalance of the tri-tip reference. ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

Agree with @lousubcap - that tri-tip looks outstanding - well done.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Pooler
    Pooler Posts: 34
    Options

In Ontario Canada. Was surprised to see tri tip. Worked in California for a year and always saw tri tip there.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

I thought this post was going to include a skinhead cop that made you feel threatened.

Nice looking TT btw.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options

In Ontario Canada. Was surprised to see tri tip.

Where did you find the tri tip?

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

Someone is going to blast you for buying the Eggspander, just a head's up.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options

Welcome aboard. Nice haul and nice cooks.

Keep posting.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,561
    Options

@GlennM

thebutchersson.ca carries tri tip, they also supply Dickson BBQ in vac sealed frozen format. Call ahead before visiting.

canuckland
  • Pooler
    Pooler Posts: 34
    Options

Brady's Meats in waterloo. Looks like a good spot I well definitely be back.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

And it started with a charcoal run.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95