Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple ribs on a MBGE?

Options
r8rs4lf
r8rs4lf Posts: 317
edited March 2019 in EggHead Forum
 Been a while.....

I'm looking to do multiple racks of ribs if possible on my MBGE. I was looking at two racks. 

One is circular made by BBQ guru. 

The other is one from BGE for the medium egg which hold 4 racks I believe. 

I like that circular one, just not sure if it works with a MBGE. Not home right now to measure. Anyone using this on their medium?

Also, any input on the BGE one? 

Maybe a better one for the medium? 

Thanks!

Comments

• tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    I bought one of those bbq guru racks to use on another smoker. It works pretty well, but moving/flipping ribs mid cook is almost impossible and also it is impossible to clean.
    I've found that cutting ribs in half is a pretty good solution for space problems. If you have a second/raised grate you should be able to do 3 or 4 racks. You will have to rotate them every now and then, and don't be afraid to overlap them a little either.
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My issue with racks is they are difficult to get the ribs out during and after the cook. Not bustin on the tool you showed. May just need some WD-40 on the stainless  =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    I just cut mine in half as previously mentioned. On another note, thanks for taking MBC off of our hands. He’s your problem now. - A thankful Steelers fan. 
  • bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    I just cut mine in half as previously mentioned. On another note, thanks for taking MBC off of our hands. He’s your problem now. - A thankful Steelers fan. 
    I assume you mean AB. What does MBC stand for?  I 100% agree. I am so glad he is gone. Just a constant distraction. It won’t take long for him to cause trouble out there either. The honeymoon will be over quickly. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I assume you mean AB. What does MBC stand for?  I 100% agree. I am so glad he is gone. Just a constant distraction. It won’t take long for him to cause trouble out there either. The honeymoon will be over quickly. 
    Mr. Big Chest 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Racks? You don't need no steenkin racks!
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/62119/20-racks-of-ribs

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    Mr. Big Chest 
    Hahahaha. I forgot he said that was his name. I preferred Ronald Ocean tho 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Can you imagine trying to clean that thing?  What a pain in the ass.  I rather spend my time eating and drinking than cleaning.  
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Just throw it in the dish washer, whatever doesnt come off is flavor for the next cook. Or do something like this. Its a Weber stainless grate and 4 carriage bolts with 2 nuts on each one, also stainless.

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • r8rs4lf
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    Just throw it in the dish washer, whatever doesnt come off is flavor for the next cook. Or do something like this. Its a Weber stainless grate and 4 carriage bolts with 2 nuts on each one, also stainless.

What's up? You here too huh?
  • r8rs4lf
    Options
    I've done that before, but with only two racks. I guess sometimes we tend to overthink things. 

I didn't want that guy! I think we are spending way too much time/money on the offense and not enough on the defense like the previous year, but I believe in Gruden. I know it will all take time and he's going to be here for a long time so I'm sure he's building for the long run. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    I've done that before, but with only two racks. I guess sometimes we tend to overthink things. 

I didn't want that guy! I think we are spending way too much time/money on the offense and not enough on the defense like the previous year, but I believe in Gruden. I know it will all take time and he's going to be here for a long time so I'm sure he's building for the long run. 
    But you’ve got Burfict now. Bhahahahaha 
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    Matt86m said:

Who dis?
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I was thinking of trying metal skewers to hold ribs vertically. So, cut 2 racks in half and then stand them vertically on the bones and use skewers to hold them up.

I just did a google photos search and it led me to this post by @Photo Egg

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1209034/visiting-family-in-mn-ribs

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I was thinking of trying metal skewers to hold ribs vertically. So, cut 2 racks in half and then stand them vertically on the bones and use skewers to hold them up.

I just did a google photos search and it led me to this post by @Photo Egg

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1209034/visiting-family-in-mn-ribs

lol...must have been drinking that day. Forgot about that cook.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • r8rs4lf
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    r8rs4lf said:
    Matt86m said:

Who dis?
    GPS