Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Visiting family in MN...Ribs

Options
Sister in law said they wanted me to come over for a BBQ, and by the way, here are 6 racks if bb ribs we want you to cook.lol
All on a Weber 22" kettle.
Went and bought a second grid and raised it with rocks. Stuck them vertical with metal skewers.
Who knows how this will work out. But they are drinking heavily, might not matter. Ha Ha.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    No worries with those.  As you are well aware, tooth-pick test for the win.  You've got this as long as you don't become too over-served before the finish-line.  
    Hopefully you have not suffered a major temperature shock to the system on this trip.  Enjoy the gathering and family entertainment.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We have Texas heat right now. You were probably hoping for some cooler weather. Where do I need to go drop off an egg?  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    We have Texas heat right now. You were probably hoping for some cooler weather. Where do I need to go drop off an egg?  ;)
    We are in Champlain a little north west of city just off 169.
    Ribs are almost done.
    Yes, weather a little warmer than I hoped but humidity is lower than home. Nice in the shade and even better after sun goes down.
    Looks like storms rest of weekend.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great dinner ahead for sure.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Red neck Woo.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Ribs are almost done.
    Yes, weather a little warmer than I hoped but humidity is lower than home. Nice in the shade and even better after sun goes down.
    If you're in town for a few days I can run my large up your way. I'm only a half hour or so south of Champlin. No big deal for me
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Ribs are almost done.
    If you're in town for a few days I can run my large up your way. I'm only a half hour or so south of Champlin. No big deal for me
    That's such a great offer but I hope not to cook again.lol

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Looks like a great result.  Was the order "fall-off-the-bone" or a slight pull for the outcome  ;)  Regardless, looks like you nailed 'em.  As always, a good cook can deliver with any device.  Most eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Looks like a great result.  Was the order "fall-off-the-bone" or a slight pull for the outcome  ;)  Regardless, looks like you nailed 'em.  As always, a good cook can deliver with any device.  Most eggcellent.
    Actually came out fairly well. Bite off the bone but a tad dry compared to my Egged ribs. But they were sale ribs pulled out of freezer yesterday. So I feel very lucky.
    Some background complaining about not being sauced but most came back for seconds with complements..
    Thanks for following.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Anyone can do great ribs on a BGE. Tip of the hat for a job well done with those.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Smoker317
    Options
    Nice job, agreed as stated above...  anybody can cook great ribs on an egg....
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Bayou_Buzzard
    Options
    Outstanding job. Those look great. Way to make it work with the tools you were given. Lived just north of Champlain in Ramsey for a few years. There was a nice BBQ place in Champlain off 169 before crossing the Mississippi, Q Fanatic that had pretty good food. 
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Talk about adapting and overcoming.
    They look great from here.  Enjoy the time up North with the fam.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! I made my sis buy a Weber kettle so I would have something to cook on when I visit. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.