Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Ribs

pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,704
Threw on some plate ribs. Using white oak chunks soaked in bourbon. Get em from Cleveland Whiskey. Smells great!

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,856
    Eatin well is definitely on the horizon.  Meaty ribs aka brisket on a stick.  Enjoy the banquet.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,585
    Nice @pgprescott .. Where is everyone getting plate ribs , just don't see them,on the shelf though I'm sure I could order 
    Visalia, Ca
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,704
    lkapigian said:
    Nice @pgprescott .. Where is everyone getting plate ribs , just don't see them,on the shelf though I'm sure I could order 
    I ask the butcher. Most places get them in while like this and cut them up. They will sell them in the cryovac pair. I usually get them in a two pack cryovaced right outta the box. Some of the better shops have them in their natural state in the meat case. Beef plate short ribs is what I ask for. Covers all the bases I think. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,856
    Now that is the way to enjoy Sat PM.  Great outcome!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • SammiSammi Posts: 527
    Some good eats right there!
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 589
    Beautiful!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
    Thanks all. Kid home from school this week is not much of a beef eater  she cleaned her plate! Best reward possible.  
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 589
    Thanks all. Kid home from school this week is not much of a beef eater  she cleaned her plate! Best reward possible.  
    My daughter is on spring break, too, but she and my wife are in Manhattan for a couple days.  They did the parade today.  Wife is running 1/2 marathon tomorrow.  We will have plate ribs before daughter returns to school.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
    My daughter is on spring break, too, but she and my wife are in Manhattan for a couple days.  They did the parade today.  Wife is running 1/2 marathon tomorrow.  We will have plate ribs before daughter returns to school.
    Nice! Enjoy. Got you an overachiever there. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 12,252
    Home run tgere Pete! 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,367
    VERY NICE!  I still have a pack in the freezer that I may lay out. 
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,101
    Those look great - well done!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, (Akron was gifted to a friend)
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 18,433
    edited March 17
    Man I would crush those.  A real treat.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,664
    Dang I’m hungry now
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,656
    Were those for customer samples? I bet they would sell a few eggs :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
    Hans61 said:
    Were those for customer samples? I bet they would sell a few eggs :-)
    Unfortunately my planning was just off and they weren’t quite finished til it was time to close. 😜
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,125
    Awesome looking beef ribs!
  • smokingalsmokingal Posts: 292
    You did those ribs right.  Nice job!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap
    http://barbecueaddict.com