Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BFF:

With almost anything. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Oh man! Those thighs look delicious.

This is now on my Trader Joe's list
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks really great Mickey!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    And here I thought you were going to say something about Robert Kraft!

I heard that stuff is nails on ahi tuna
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    We love this stuff in my house as well!  Good call.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Linda used it on a oven breast she cooked mixed with mayo as a topping after sauté. 
    What have you used it for?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Linda used it on a oven breast she cooked mixed with mayo as a topping after sauté. 
    He just puts it on plain bagels.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Everything but the bagel almonds

1lb raw almonds
    4 T Bagel seasoning
    1 Eggwhite whipped

spread on parchment paper
    bake at 290F for one hour turning every 20 minutes
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Mickey said:
    We've used it on wings.....which were very good.  Mostly on roasted veggies like zucchini, squash or asparagus.  My son likes it on a baked potato.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Okay, just bought some. Had to ask as the shelf label said it was supposed to be there, but it wasn't. The stock clerk said they had plenty yesterday, but some guy came in and bought EVERY bottle! Fortunately, more arrived today so I waited while the clerk looked for it in the back room.

Also, I found the ingredients list online. Mixed up some without salt and frankly, I thought it was better than the TJ's bottle. Just tasted it out of the bottle so maybe different when cooked. Will probably salt whatever I'm cooking (just a little) and then add my unsalted home-brew. See how it compares with the TJ version. Will report.

Recipe (scroll WAY down... https://www.asweetpeachef.com/everything-bagel-seasoning/

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I clicked on this thinking you got a new puppy...   :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Just finished two chicken thighs, one with TJ's Everything but the Bagel seasoning, one with the recipe I found online (mentioned earlier). I left out the salt from the blend I mixed up and just added a pinch separately. Honestly, I really couldn't tell the difference! As with most such recipes, just leave out (or drastically reduce) the salt and you'll be fine. Might take some getting used to, but it won't take long.

Anyway, thanks for the post, Mickey! Great rub!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Mickey try this. Or pm me your address and I’ll send you some. We love it on both beef and chicken. https://www.spiceandtea.com/shop/seasonings-blends-rubs/chef-s-choice-steak-rub.html
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Bagel seasoning. On chicken. And other stuff, besides bagels. 

Whodathunkit?? I want to try some now. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Well, I was real creative with it, I made ———- bagels 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario