Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Ropa Vieja

Options
Slippy
Slippy Posts: 214
edited February 2019 in EggHead Forum
I make a Rope Vieja from time to time, sometimes even smoking the beef a little prior to slow cooking... I had about 5-6 lbs of leftover pulled pork, and had enough sandwiched and tacos this week, so I thought I would try to use my Ropa Vieja recipe with the pulled pork. Really good decision... Turned out really good. Thought I would share in case anyone wanted to give it a go. I used a Crockpot, but any pot would do. Just need to stew it long enough to heat it through... 

Pulled Pork Ropa Vieja

• 2 pounds pulled pork
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 packet Savon Sin Achiote

Add everything to the Crockpot and heat on high for about an hour, then change to Low for another 30 minutes (or longer).  

Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak... 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Slippy
    It looks and sounds like a winner my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.