Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30lb Royal Oak @Walmart for $16.96

Options
2»

Comments

• builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Options
    Teefus said:
    Royal Oak got stinky on me. OK for open cooks (burgers, steaks) but not for anything with the lid closed. It added the faint aroma and taste of a bias ply tire or roofing materials. Disappointing as I'd used it successfully for some time. Made the change to Rockwood and have never been let down.
    I use both Royal Oak and Rockwood.  Admittedly, Rockwood is the better product, but I have not had the horror stories with Royal Oak that some have.  Maybe I've been lucky, but it has alway been a solid product for me.
  • EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    I’ve been looking for the Royal Oak XL in our Walmart stores. I saw it once but it was the last bag and was pretty beat up so I didn’t buy it. I will stick with free FOGO until I run out of referral credits.
  • bart3
    bart3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've tried several brands and really can't find that much difference between Royal Oak, Rockwood, and others. Maybe I need to try Rockwood again to compare better. Royal Oak seems to be a great deal for the price, I have found a few rocks, but not a big deal considering the price and that I've used probably 10 bags. I read that Royal Oak actually makes the Big Green Egg lump charcoal, not sure if that's true or not?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    @bart3 Welcome aboard and continue to enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Regarding RO and BGE lump-yes RO makes BGE lump and a few other private brand labels.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 372
    Options
    Do they sell this 30lbs bag in Canada? I want one!!!
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Local Walmart shows around $18.00 on line but in store the bags-stacked on the top shelf of a tall rack-are priced $39.00. I have enough problem with only one manned check out stand open and having no chance to correct error at a self check out to even try. Kroger house brand is maybe $7.00 or less for 8 pounds so even the 16 pounds for $15 is not a great deal. Has anybody else found the Wally World RO to be almost totally small pieces?
    Cooking on the coast
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Probably only 13.6kg bags, unfortunately.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Mr1egg said:
    har har har...

edited December 2021
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Mr1egg said:
    Actually I don't recall ever seeing one larger than 8 or 9 kg.
    canuckland