Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My loss is your (possible) gain

Options
Many of you know that I am a Industrial and Commercial HVAC/R Technician. But, what you don't know is I am also somewhat of a pack rat. And I come into contact with a LOT of restaurant equipment.   I have here a True TWT-60F 2door RIF.  I have already done quite a bit of work on it. The top has been completely resealed. It has a newer compressor, new refrigerant dryer and sight glass. The digital controls, potentiometer, defrost heaters and motors are all operable.  What's the catch? Well, the unit is not holding freezer temperatures which should be around -10F.  I have already diagnosed this and it needs a new line set. Also because some jackwagon broke the plastic condensate secondary catch pan it needs that as well. Silver lining? You guessed it! I have already purchased a new line set and I have a heated evaporating style catch pan. If you want it speak up. With some sweet talk... Possibly some rock wood and wagyu steaks or brisket and I could be coerced and giving this all to you for free... And possibly installing the parts for you. Don't make me peace out on you bitches 😹😹😹.  If you are interested message me. If you fail to follow directions I will not hesitate to give it to the person that followed directions. Final and last kicker you must pick it up yourself I am not effing UPS.
NO THE MM etc is not part of the package 😋

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Wow, that is a very kind and generous offer. Even if it never cooled again, that would make somebody a nice (and heavy) work table/grill table.
    Hope you find a good home for it and get a good steak or two out of the trade. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @epcotisbest Truth.  It actually holds at 33F no problem but, it's a freezer not a cooler.  The other option would be me changing out the control to a cooler controller. Meaning rather than it being a freezer it would be converted to a cooler. I forgot to mention it also has new casters. I just have no need for another piece of refrigeration at my house.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I can’t read.  Any chance you could discuss on the phone?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @bgebrent Toll-free 800xxxxxx
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just playing Brent.  You've got my digits. Edit: sent you a txt @bgebrent
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Dang :confused: No takers?  I would sure hate to roll this to the road and let the scrap hounds have their way with it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    Brother Husker, if no one has claimed it by tomorrow I will give you a shout and haggle with you. I have been wanting to take a road trip in the Money Wagon. This would be the opportune time.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SGH Scottie I'll let you know. 👍
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dang :confused: No takers?  I would sure hate to roll this to the road and let the scrap hounds have their way with it.
    Is this built for outside or inside only?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @northGAcock you could feasibly use it outside as long as it is under a cover of some sort.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tamck1
    tamck1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Many of you know that I am a Industrial and Commercial HVAC/R Technician. But, what you don't know is I am also somewhat of a pack rat. And I come into contact with a LOT of restaurant equipment.   I have here a True TWT-60F 2door RIF.  I have already done quite a bit of work on it. The top has been completely resealed. It has a newer compressor, new refrigerant dryer and sight glass. The digital controls, potentiometer, defrost heaters and motors are all operable.  What's the catch? Well, the unit is not holding freezer temperatures which should be around -10F.  I have already diagnosed this and it needs a new line set. Also because some jackwagon broke the plastic condensate secondary catch pan it needs that as well. Silver lining? You guessed it! I have already purchased a new line set and I have a heated evaporating style catch pan. If you want it speak up. With some sweet talk... Possibly some rock wood and wagyu steaks or brisket and I could be coerced and giving this all to you for free... And possibly installing the parts for you. Don't make me peace out on you bitches 😹😹😹.  If you are interested message me. If you fail to follow directions I will not hesitate to give it to the person that followed directions. Final and last kicker you must pick it up yourself I am not effing UPS.
    NO THE MM etc is not part of the package 😋

What have you done to modify handles on your MM carrier?
    L and MM BGEs with JJGeorge tables, Mini BGE with carrier, other charcoal and pellet smokers/grills too numerous to count.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    @northGAcock you could feasibly use it outside as long as it is under a cover of some sort.
    @piney

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL What kind of dog is the cute furball with a toy in it's mouth?   :)
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Gary @piney is building an outdoor (covered kitchen. I think it wood work well in the design. Hell i’d Ride down there with him to pick it up. 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @northGAcock Let me know asap.

@tamck1 A great forum friend made these. They are custom billet aluminum.

@smokingal She's a Mal and that's her floppy eared rabbit "baby".  She has many different babies she totes around. 🐾🐾
    edit: Belgian Malinois

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Is this built for outside or inside only?
    It is free.  Therefore, it is built for where you put it.  Plus, if it breaks, I happen to know a guy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    One man's trash........
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    That would be a sweet deal! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Nice.  So I can come pick up the MiniMax?
    NOLA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Nice.  So I can come pick up the MiniMax?
    You can pick it up, set it to the side, and take the freezer ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Last chance y'all.
    Going once, twice...
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014