Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Rack Expansion Setup

Options
13»

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    "off topic"... man, this place is brutal
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Haha - just saw that.  Could be fat finger on the phone.  If not, then I may be insulted, I would prefer a flag.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    Haha - just saw that.  Could be fat finger on the phone.  If not, then I may be insulted, I would prefer a flag.
    Yep!  I hovered over to see who did it and it was me!  Haha.  
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Can anyone confirm- can you use the Woo and extender without the main grid? I see this picture from their web site and it looks like you can. However in other pictures I don't see the bend in the leading edge so it seems like it needs the main grid in place to support it. 

I just tried it on @Shawnodell83 's I have here in the shop and the CGS Expansion D-grate does NOT need the main level grid in place.  It may rock a little if you slid the D-grate back or forward, but if you don't have the main grate below it to cook with, then it's not like you need to move it.  It rests on the four bars that further back straddling the Woo lift handles.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Cool- thanks @stlcharcoal

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.