Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Start 2019 with a great shave!

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,367
We had some people over last night, sliders, pizza, snacks and wine.  I got up this morning lathered up with Tabac and Cremo, warmed up the Parker Variant followed with an alum bar, Porasso and a splash of Clubman!  Feel like the years off to a good start.

Happy New Year!
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Pics or it didn’t happen.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Damn I feel inadequate ..... only a $20 Merkur DE and barbasol here.  Can’t imagine what I’m missing 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Guess my Williams LectroShave and the Norelco can’t compare :one_finger:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Who shaves on New Year's Day!!??
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Clubman is awesome. I could swim in that stuff.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    And to think I was excited about Costco's new Kirkland razors...
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    @GlennM
    Not like a great shave my friend. What a way to kick off the New Year. As always, shave often and shave early brother. Happy shaving 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    GlennM said:
    Tabac and Cremo
    My personal favorite “superlather”. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    GlennM said:
    Tabac and Cremo
    My personal favorite “superlather”. 
    Add 4-5 drops of glycerin for the ultimate “uberlather”.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    A great shave makes everything better. All 3 of my children were conceived while I was shaving. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Here’s to a great year of shaving my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    SGH said:
    A great shave makes everything better. All 3 of my children were conceived while I was shaving. 
    Man, you are one scary dude. Are you The Dude?
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    SGH said:
    Here’s to a great year of shaving my friend. 

Ok Scottie, you got me intrigued. I’ve been shaving with a mug and a brush for 25 years. But I never in my life have seen suds like those. What’s the magic recipe?

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Jstroke
    Check out some of my other great creations. Pay special attention to the stiff peaks. 

Perfection personified my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Options
    SGH said:

Scottie, if I didn’t know better I would think it was an ice cream cone. Unreal lather. What soap are you using?
  • SGH
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    What soap are you using?
    The great and powerful Tabac. 

Like most things, everyone likes something different. However there is one undeniable fact and that is Tabac is extremely easy to lather. Not only is it easy to lather, it builds a top tier lather as you can see by the pics. 
    I use and like several other soaps, but when I’m just building ginormous lathers, Tabac is it. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Options
    @SGH-thanks I will look into it
  • Jstroke
    Options
    SGH

ordered

amazing the advice you get and the stuff you find thanks to this group
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    I assume you mean that you were shaving your face, which is in and of itself quite a feat. Otherwise, I have no choice but to conclude that you are a god among mortals. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    Starting 2019 with a beard myself.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    And to think, I thought that we were friends brother Heavy. Now I know the unfortunate truth. 

Status- Standing by.

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Pics or it didn’t happen.  

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    And to think, I thought that we were friends brother Heavy. Now I know the unfortunate truth. 
    Well...I do shave a small area of my face a couple times a month. I have a few wild hairs higher on my cheekbones outside of the normal edge of my beard. I hit those spots a couple times a month with a disposable and a dry shave (scandalous I know). Takes all of 5 seconds. Hope that counts enough for us to remain friends.
    To your credit tho, your shaving posts have caused me to think about getting a bowl, and brush, and soap and a straight razor so I could work up a nice lather, moisten my face, strop the razor, brush the lather on and then a short swipe across each of the two areas on my face. But the time spent in prep and cleaning (and my wife's laughter) if I were to go to those lengths to shave two square inches of my face twice a month changed my mind.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    Well...I do shave a small area of my face
    Now we can be friends again brother Heavy👍

Status- Standing by.

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Lather is overrated. I Like Cremo a lot, but my favorite is King of Shaves gel. It's hard to find so I buy the multi packs on Amazon. Rather than lather, it spreads a later of uber slippery beard softening lube on your skin. Think KY or Astro Glide. Zero friction and zero razor drag. To top it off I shave in the shower. It's the closest, most comfortable shave I've ever had.

Michiana, South of the border.
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    How do u guys clean your brush? I’ve never been able to use a brush because about a week in I develop a nasty skin infection on my face . Has happened twice , since found that the brush is supposed to be cleaned but don’t know method or how often . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    How do u guys clean your brush? I’ve never been able to use a brush because about a week in I develop a nasty skin infection on my face . Has happened twice , since found that the brush is supposed to be cleaned but don’t know method or how often . 
    You want something that won't leave residue, so a mild soap like Dr Bronners or diluted vinegar. You could also use animal shampoo.