Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple Smoked Knob Creek

Options
Took 1/2 a bottle of Knob Creek and hit it with the Polyscience Smoke gun and some apple shreds.  

Took it inside and layed it on its side for more smoke bourbon contact.  

20mins later all visible evidence of smoke was gone 

As hard as it was I left it unopened for 1hr before the taste test.  The first night was good but the second night was great. I will let it dwell for 24hrs before opening the next time. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Now that is a cool idea. I wonder is smoked Gin would be good
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    While I am not inherently in the market for a smoking gun, there’s a Breville model in my area going for cheap. Do you know anything about them? Well rated on Amazon, with 75% of reviews at 5 stars. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Mine is the Breville but it was a gift and I don’t know much about them at this point.  I will play with some cheese and probably some salt over the weekend.  

analyze adapt overcome

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Now that is a cool idea. I wonder is smoked Gin would be good
    I have had barrel aged gin and it is Not. Good.
    NOLA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Address pm’d.  Birthday next month.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @Mattman3969 way to get after it.  Now you just need to weave the diamond plate into the process and all will be well with the world.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I’m very interested in this smoke gun. It has two words yet involves 3 of my favorite things. 

Following your next post “The adventures of Mattman and his smoke gun”

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Options
    Any thought of putting it in a large bowl and smoking with a pellet container?
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    I would say that would work. I’ve done it once with the egg running about 225° with oak for smoke.  If I remember right it was only on for maybe 45mins.  

With the gun from start to finish I can be sippin in about 30mins and only use a pinch of wood.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Do you have a whipping syphon? 500ml or so of whisky, some apple (or other fruit wood) smoke, seal it up and one charge of NO2, give t a shake, let sit for 30 minutes and you have aged for a day or so. SWMBO likes Cointreau with peach and a few green grapes in the syphon, the grapes are like fizzy pops. I use CO2 for fruit.

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Had an Old Fashion made with smoked ice. He used a smoke gun. he ide absorbed the smoke well. Best one I have ever had.

I bet this with smoked ice would be great.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Nice. I’ve just poured it into a glass dish and used my pellet tube to cold smoke but this looks even easier ... sweet 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Do you have a whipping syphon? 500ml or so of whisky, some apple (or other fruit wood) smoke, seal it up and one charge of NO2, give t a shake, let sit for 30 minutes and you have aged for a day or so. SWMBO likes Cointreau with peach and a few green grapes in the syphon, the grapes are like fizzy pops. I use CO2 for fruit.

I believe you just cost me about $40.  Lol. 

analyze adapt overcome