Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly Strips

Options
My brother accidentally bought a couple packages of Cut Pork Belly from Costco, and has given them to me because he's not much of cook and doesn't want to deal with them.

They are pork belly sliced about an inch thick. I was thinking they would make a good appetizer, like burnt ends, but I dont want to cure them like I do bacon. I found an earlier thread about these, and am thinking of doing them the way @Lit did some, and thought they were good. He did a short brine, then cooked them like burnt ends. 

Here is a link to that thread: how-should-i-egg-this-costco-pork-belly

Just looking for any other thoughts or suggestions on what I could do with these things. If I made them the way @lit did, would they do ok in a crockpot for a few hours? Thinking I would make some for Christmas to snack on before and after the prime rib. Is sous vide an option with something like this? 

Comments