Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Creekstone sale

Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, Smobot, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
Temperance, like chastity, is it’s own punishment. 

Comments

• Chris8938Chris8938 Posts: 137
    @GrillSgt, thanks for spending more of my money for me.  I appreciate it...my wife on the other hand, will have to deal with some beautiful Prime chuck short ribs...
    Appleton, WI    Inherited LBGE
  • GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 2,385
    Enjoy, I've been more than pleased with everything I've ordered from them. When you get an email from them you have to respond though. They had a helluva sale on prime tri-tip last spring but they sold out within 2 days. Most of those are marked limited. I have not seen pork on sale frequently.
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,256
    @GrillSgt - thanks for the link.  I'm in, first time with Creekstone Farms. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    I'm under the gun now.
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

• CtTOPGUNCtTOPGUN Posts: 512
     "Thanks". Another $300+ spent...
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Gasser/28" Blackstone Griddle

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • SpillinSpillin Posts: 47
    Thanks.... there went a few $$.  This might be one of the most expensive forums to be a part of!
    LG BGE
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
    While running under the influence (that could be alcohol) of the Army A$$ kicking delivered today, I received my first Creekstone shipment, alerted by @GrillSgt above.  Landed early enough to enable a several hour cold water thaw of one of the rib-eyes.  Being lazy I decided caveman for the win.  Pics below are my standard low quality but the taste and texture were worthy.  I will readily jump on another Creekstone deal. Thanks for the alertment @GrillSgt . FWIW-

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    Glad they passed. They look a bit thin maybe. What do you think? The strips are 1.25”. 
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

GrillSgt said:
    Glad they passed. They look a bit thin maybe. What do you think? The strips are 1.25”. 
    @GrillSgt I agree that if I were to order I would get thicker cuts.  All rib-eyes were in the 1.25-1.5" range.  But that makes for an easy caveman cook.  I think the flavor and texture were among the best I have had.  So, next time you get a heads-up please post it.  BTW-sold out at least by yesterday PM. 
    edited December 9
    Good news. Will do. 
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

• MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 590
    I have looked at their ribeyes as well, but like Sarge, they are a little thin for my liking.  The ribeyes I buy are typically 18-20 oz.  I like them big and thick, that way I can cook them 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other side for a perfect medium rare.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.