Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Creekstone sale

Options

Comments

• Chris8938
    Options
    @GrillSgt, thanks for spending more of my money for me.  I appreciate it...my wife on the other hand, will have to deal with some beautiful Prime chuck short ribs...
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Enjoy, I've been more than pleased with everything I've ordered from them. When you get an email from them you have to respond though. They had a helluva sale on prime tri-tip last spring but they sold out within 2 days. Most of those are marked limited. I have not seen pork on sale frequently.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @GrillSgt - thanks for the link.  I'm in, first time with Creekstone Farms. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    I'm under the gun now.
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     "Thanks". Another $300+ spent...
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Spillin
    Options
    Thanks.... there went a few $$.  This might be one of the most expensive forums to be a part of!
    LG BGE
    36" Blackstone
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    While running under the influence (that could be alcohol) of the Army A$$ kicking delivered today, I received my first Creekstone shipment, alerted by @GrillSgt above.  Landed early enough to enable a several hour cold water thaw of one of the rib-eyes.  Being lazy I decided caveman for the win.  Pics below are my standard low quality but the taste and texture were worthy.  I will readily jump on another Creekstone deal. Thanks for the alertment @GrillSgt . FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    Glad they passed. They look a bit thin maybe. What do you think? The strips are 1.25”. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Glad they passed. They look a bit thin maybe. What do you think? The strips are 1.25”. 
    @GrillSgt I agree that if I were to order I would get thicker cuts.  All rib-eyes were in the 1.25-1.5" range.  But that makes for an easy caveman cook.  I think the flavor and texture were among the best I have had.  So, next time you get a heads-up please post it.  BTW-sold out at least by yesterday PM. 
  • GrillSgt
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good news. Will do. 
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have looked at their ribeyes as well, but like Sarge, they are a little thin for my liking.  The ribeyes I buy are typically 18-20 oz.  I like them big and thick, that way I can cook them 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other side for a perfect medium rare.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Daddyshack
    Options
    Just bought some briskets and short ribs. They arrived today and look awesome.  Thanks