Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody going to Atlanta Grill Co's grand re-opening on 12/1??

Not a BGE dealer anymore, but it's huge store.  The menu looks pretty awesome for tomorrow.  Alligator, kangaroo, elk, scallops, lobster, trout......look on Instagram.  See ya there hopefully.

12/1 from 10-4 in Roswell GA.

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2018
    I am in Atlanta for the weekend.....but no. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Heading south for vacation, but not there.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    No thanks. Not after that billboard stunt they pulled a little while back. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    They were advertising some good prices on Joetisseries. And a killer price on a KJ Jr. Sounds like they must be a pretty large operation.
    I'm assuming they sell Rockwood if @stlcharcoal will be there. Do they sell other brands of lump other than Rockwood and KJ?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Your not a BGE dealer anymore? Why?
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    What brings you to the event Jonathan?   I'll let you know if I head over. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited December 2018
    HeavyG said:
    They were advertising some good prices on Joetisseries. And a killer price on a KJ Jr. Sounds like they must be a pretty large operation.
    I'm assuming they sell Rockwood if @stlcharcoal will be there. Do they sell other brands of lump other than Rockwood and KJ?
    Yes, they have a few other brands.  Not sure which ones, but I know we are the only one made in the US now that they don't have BGE charcoal.

Your not a BGE dealer anymore? Why?
    I meant they (ATL) is not a BGE dealer anymore, but even though this is mostly a BGE forum, it's still a cool store to visit.  Plenty of stuff there that isn't red if you bleed green.

But a side note, we are not a BGE dealer anymore either.  We got the axe about the same time they did over the summer.  Ours was without warning or explanation.  Just a four sentance letter from the distributor saying our agreement was terminated.  I had over $25k wholesale value of BGE stuff in stock (had just ordered and rec'd over $10k of it a few weeks before) and they were nice enough to offer me a credit on all of it.

Those new KJ Gen 3's and ProJoe's are looking pretty cool.  Might bring those in next year when they launch.  Have about 10 eggs left in stock, so that should be good timing.

GoooDawgs said:
    What brings you to the event Jonathan?   I'll let you know if I head over. 
    They're a RW dealer and invited me to come.  I stopped by right before Eggtoberfest to see the new location, then it opened a few weeks later.  Flying down this morning, then back this evening.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited December 2018
    They must be a new Rockwood dealer. I’ve never seen RW there. Haven’t been there in months though. 
  • stlcharcoal
    They must be a new Rockwood dealer. I’ve never seen RW there. Haven’t been there in months though. 
    They brought it in when they moved.....didn't have the room to store nor unload a truckload of our stuff at the old place.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Nope. Over-rated. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    Nope. Over-rated. 
    Agreed. Their prices for everything other than the grills is outrageous. Sometimes 50% more than other places. 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    I just think its funny they had to change names just to get away from the horrible Google reviews they had when they were Roswell Hardware. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • stlcharcoal
    Everybody here seems to pretty happy.  Hundreds since 9am.  Met a lot of folks.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Look for Josh Tahan of True Craft BBQ.  He lives in the Tampa area, and we met at a pizza class he did at a local dealer then again at the Sunshine State Eggfest.  Good guy w some mad skillzzzzzzx.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • If I buy a Joe Jr, will you drop it off in KY on your way home? Ha.
  • I don't get the hate. I live in Nashville and have went by the old location twice, first time was in 2017 was after a Braves game just to check it out, I had heard good things, was going that way to check out the mother ship as well, so thought why not. 2nd time was a couple of months ago when they were letting go of the Challenger tables they had left that would only fit BGE (they now sell KJ) and they were selling them for less than cost ($999 for XL table).

I don't understand the beef between BGE and AGC, I don't really care who is right or wrong or what happened. I like both. The guys at AGC are always helpful. Compared to what we have locally, AGC is amazing. Our local Egg Dealers mostly have a bunch of eggessories that no one wants or needs (basic stuff) and BGE coal (I personally don't like the stuff).

I will most likely check out the new AGC store next baseball season when I travel down to see my Braves play again. Looked like the Grand re-opening was a huge deal. I ordered a couple things online. Hard to beat no tax, no shipping. I bought a Big Joe Joetisserie for $209, cheapest I have seen, and a XL Kick-Ash divider with a wing basket.

All that to say this. Love my XL and Minimax BGE but I can appreciate was AGC and Kamado Joe are doing as well.  

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

• northGAcock
    edited December 2018
    No hate here....just was not in my plans. I did go by Chefs Warehouse before i left Atlanta yesterday. Enjoyed looking around. The Pizza Porta guy was out front.....unfortunately (for him) in not the best of weather. 

• DoubleEgger
    No hate here....just was not in my plans. I did go by Chefs Warehouse before i left Atlanta yesterday. Enjoyed looking around. The Pizza Porta guy was out front.....unfortunately (for him) in not the best of weather. 
    Are you talking about Cooks Warehouse at Ansley Mall? 
  • northGAcock
    Sorry...Cooks Warehouse is correct. 

• DoubleEgger
    Sorry...Cooks Warehouse is correct. 
    That’s a great place that helps my wallet stay light. 
  • stlcharcoal
    edited December 2018
     The Pizza Porta guy was out front.....unfortunately (for him) in not the best of weather. 
    I met him a Eggtoberfest…...that thing is pretty cool. 

KJ has a cast iron one coming our called the DoJoe.  The pizza stone sits in it.  They had a rib roast going on it, so I didn't get a good look inside, but same idea.  Much shorter than a Pizza Porta--had a really skinny hole to slide the pizza in.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited December 2018
     The Pizza Porta guy was out front.....unfortunately (for him) in not the best of weather. 

KJ has a cast iron one coming our called the DoJoe.  The pizza stone sits in it.  They had a rib roast going on it, so I didn't get a good look inside, but same idea.  Much shorter than a Pizza Porta--had a really skinny hole to slide the pizza in.
    Why cast iron? 
  • stlcharcoal

Why cast iron? 
    Don't know.....maybe easier/cheaper to cast than the porta one that requires a sheet metal brake, rivets, etc.

I just googled it and here's some pics!  https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/40007-thoughts-on-the-upcoming-dojoe/