Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norah’s first loaf of bread.

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Well the title says it all, Norah Grace made her first loaf of bread today.   This is a basic no kneed bread, seasoned the crust with cracked pink salt and some herbs.  
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• ryantt
    Options

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Way to "break new bread" right there.  What a talent.  Congrats.
    Happy thanksgiving to you, Norah and your family. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving to you as well @lousubcap

Norah Grace has been working up a storm, mom had to work 12hrs today so we aren’t eating until 7:30 tonight. Norah so far has baked a chocolate fudge cake, 2 loves of bread and has instructed me on how to prep the turkey.  She’s got it seasoned and in a tub in the fridge. 

Shes so so excited to be cooking the whole meal this year.   It’s a first and man am I thankful that she wants to spend time with her old dad.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @ryantt The phrase "better to be lucky than good" comes to mind.  You are blessed beyond mere words to have such a father-daughter relationship.  No doubt a true banquet on the horizon. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Pretty cool :)

Fresh baked bread is always a win, but even more so when your little girl made it. Props to her. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dude.  You’re little girl rocks it. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Great foray into the art of breakmaking. Congrats to Norah and her beaming father. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It looks mighty fine brother. Tell her excellent job👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.