Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomahawk Pork Chop w/apple chutney and apple cider, mustard sauce - Rack of BBs and Butt Too!

Options
tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
Harris Teeter had some on sale tomahawk chops (expiration expiring soon) so I snagged the last pack.  They were smaller, but I've been wanting to try them but didn't want to put the coin out for them.  Here we are now.  

Reversed seared the chops over apple and hickory.  I also had a butt and rack of BBs on the Egg at the time.  Then finished the sear on the Blackstone.  

Served with a apple chutney and apple cider, mustard sauce.  The meat was amazing and I'll likely give the coin for it not on sale.  It was good.  Real good.  

Cooked a butt for work potluck.  I'll SV to warm or crock pot the day of.   Threw a rack of BBs on for the weeknight for us.  

Now the pictures.  

Didn't get any pictures of the chops on the BGE, but trust me, they went there.  

1 - The sear on the BS.  

2 - After sear

3 - Wish I would have did something different with the sauce on the right.  Made it more of a curve, but oh well.  Not too shabby.  It was a rush job.  

4 - Ribs and Butt

5 - 

Thanks for looking!  

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments