Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mahi Mahi fish tacos :)

Sweet and spicy Mahi Mahi fish tacos for dinner last night. Marinaded in Thai sweet and spicy chili sauce, honey and olive oil and rubbed with Zatarans blackened seasoning. Stir fried fresh sweet corn, mushrooms, bell peppers and diced potatoes with a little kosher salt and pepper. 400 degrees on the XL took about 25 minutes for the veggies and 8 minutes for the mahi mahi, topped it with some crumbled mozzarella, tasted muy delicioso!

Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 26,194
    It looks outstanding brother. Awesome job :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 

Grab’em by the Pelosi !!
  • g8golferg8golfer Posts: 951
    Wow
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,291
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Thanks! doc told me to eat fish twice a week so looking for different ways to cook it :)
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,442
    🌮 🌮 🌮🐟 :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Very good looking cook.  I have got to cook fish tacos again soon.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,843
    Looks great! Love Mahi, love tacos!

Here's another fish recipe for you. Absolutely delicious! Quick and easy too!
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe2-1915607

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,203
    Awsome, healthy meal.  I've never had that fish before, looks good.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • Awesome!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Looks great! Love Mahi, love tacos!

Here's another fish recipe for you. Absolutely delicious! Quick and easy too!
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe2-1915607
    Thanks I will give that one a shot!

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 9,096
    Looks great...
    we did red snapper tacos and blackened steak.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    @Photo Egg, Darian, what dd you use to season the snapper? Man, that looks good!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 9,096
    @Photo Egg, Darian, what dd you use to season the snapper? Man, that looks good!

Thanks, it was pretty good.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Thanks!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut