Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP "Whitey"

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I tend to not have any sympathy for people whose entire lives were spent terrorizing others. Too easy a death if you ask me. He can burn.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• BigGreenBean
    Options
    No sympathy for him here.  It bears repeating:  karma is a ****.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Kill a whole bunch of people and you're a Rat . Where I came from in NY that = Dead . He got off easy the way he was killed.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    murder is a natural cause of death in a federal penitentiary for fbi informants, hard to survive hard time with that on your record.
    Agreed.  I'm kinda curious as to why he was moved to a different prison at this time.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Walked my dogs this morning with a neighbor from Boston. He was a former Mass Patrolman, who along with another officer had to arrest him one time. He (my neighbor) was elated at the way he died. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm not one to mourn when gangs and mobs kill their own.  The world is a little safer for the innocents.  

Whitey sure had a hard look to him - i guess that's probably aquired in the prison system.

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    blasting said:

I'm not one to mourn when gangs and mobs kill their own.  The world is a little safer for the innocents.  

Whitey sure had a hard look to him - i guess that's probably aquired in the prison system.

living and rising to the top in southie will do that to you, that was one badass place in the 70's/80's
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Acn said:
    SonVolt said:
    Just watched Black Mass again over the weekend. 
    Much better than watching Nicholson trying to impersonate Whitey in the Departed and failing miserably.

It's hard for me to knock The Departed. That was an awesome movie. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Actually kind of impressed that there's still an active organized crime unit out there that put a hit on him. We tend to romanticize/exaggerate  the mob in general, but this shiz is real. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Botch said:
    murder is a natural cause of death in a federal penitentiary for fbi informants, hard to survive hard time with that on your record.
    Agreed.  I'm kinda curious as to why he was moved to a different prison at this time.  
    Prisoners get moved all the time for many reasons. Behavior, maybe they have too many problems with inmates at their current facility so they split them up, or certain institutions have the programs they might need while others don't. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Botch said:
    Prisoners get moved all the time for many reasons. Behavior, maybe they have too many problems with inmates at their current facility so they split them up, or certain institutions have the programs they might need while others don't. 
    They mentioned on the news that he was moved because of his behavior. He also wanted to be in general population when in prison 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    blasting said:

living and rising to the top in southie will do that to you, that was one badass place in the 70's/80's
    @fishlessman, wasn't Anthony's Pier 4 in southie? I went there several times in the 70's. Don't recall feeling threatened. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Botch said:
    I’ve been wondering if someone was paid or threatened by the mob to move Whitey to a more  “convenient” location. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Acn said:
    SonVolt said:
    Just watched Black Mass again over the weekend. 
    Much better than watching Nicholson trying to impersonate Whitey in the Departed and failing miserably.

It's hard for me to knock The Departed. That was an awesome movie. 
    I'm not knocking the entire movie - it was very good, albeit with 2 huge flaws.

1)  Nicholson was atrocious.  He did not sound like anyone from South Boston; he was closer to a NY accent, or somebody doing a bad Boston impersonation.  Listen to Damon and Wahlberg  - they sound like they are from MA.  He was also way too over the top and cartoonish, he wasn't at all intimidating. 

2) The rat at the end.   

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    blasting said:

@fishlessman, wasn't Anthony's Pier 4 in southie? I went there several times in the 70's. Don't recall feeling threatened. =)
    you should have barhopped the small local places, had two friends come back in not so good shape one night =)  the north end mob was much more friendly back in the day, they sent drinks to my table one night around 3am
    fukahwee maine

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I hope he suffered, that death was slow coming and agonizing for him
    Boom
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited November 2018
    Options
    blasting said:

you should have barhopped the small local places, had two friends come back in not so good shape one night =)  the north end mob was much more friendly back in the day, they sent drinks to my table one night around 3am
    I loved living in the North End when I was at Suffolk.  One early morning as I was walking down Salem street to catch the train there was a dude in a suit laying by a dumpster with an active crime scene going on and always wondered if it was a hit.  But I lived there in tamer times, early 2000’s.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I’m guessing that the move was directed by a former associate. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    blasting said:

I loved living in the North End when I was at Suffolk.  One early morning as I was walking down Salem street to catch the train there was a dude in a suit laying by a dumpster with an active crime scene going on and always wondered if it was a hit.  But I lived there in tamer times, early 2000’s.
    if you came out of the old gardens and went left out of the door towards the bay and the north edge of the north end, there was an old bakery on the right that served pizza til about midnight.  when it was closing you could go behind the counter, thru a door, down a hall and there was a small unknown unmarked mafia type restaurant back there, maybe 8 tables max.   be nice to the guys standing at the door and at the ends of the tables. you exited thru a metal door next to a guarded dumpster in an alleyway.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I’m guessing that the move was directed by a former associate. 
    maybe connolly still had some strings in the fbi =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    blasting said:

jimmy flynn of the winter hill gang making friends at the pier restaurant =)

fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Maybe someone has already posted this, but I just heard on the radio that 3 prisoners pulled his wheel chair off camera and beat him to death and tried to cut his tongue out! Wasn't a mob hit but 3 bad dudes.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SonVolt
    Options
    How do we know it wasn't a mob hit? 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited November 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    Maybe someone has already posted this, but I just heard on the radio that 3 prisoners pulled his wheel chair off camera and beat him to death and tried to cut his tongue out! Wasn't a mob hit but 3 bad dudes.
    Yeah it was a mob hit. Freddy Geas was involved. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46062976
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Hahaha. It was definitely a mob hit. Think about the symbolism of cutting his tongue out. This was well planned. I guarantee you that the transfer wasn’t random. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    Sir, I am very very interested in your gaskets.  If I send you a certified cashiers check for 100 dollars, could you please send me back a check for 50 dollars and you may keep the extra money in exchange for one of your very fine gaskets. 
    RRP said:
    Sir, I am very very interested in your gaskets.  If I send you a certified cashiers check for 100 dollars, could you please send me back a check for 50 dollars and you may keep the extra money in exchange for one of your very fine gaskets. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm wondering if this is somehow gasket related.  Is Wes Johnson an AKA for Whitey?  Ron's reach seems to be long...

Phoenix