Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Ebay OT

Options
What is the rub with Ebay?  Swmbo uses Amazon, I use Ebay.  With the Buy It Now function, and most things have a free shipping option, prices are great, easy to navigate and it seems like items ship faster.   Plus if I want to turn around and sell something it is a piece o cake.
South of Columbus, Ohio.

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Same here. Great place for used bargains or odd stuff. I get a lot of used MB parts there. If I need something from Amazon SWMBO handles it.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Two totally different formats

Amazon has a lot better selection process and return process than ebay.  You punch in "Samsung S9 case" and you don't get 8000 different listings, some legit, some fake, then try to figure out which one has the best price, quick shipping, etc.....could be 2-3 weeks if it's in China.  Amazon just has it, then you have it in 2 days, and you don't have to worry if it's a POS or fake.

eBay is a much larger selection of used and odd things.  It's MUCH easier to operate as a seller on eBay because you don't have to compete for the "buy Box" like you do on Amazon.  But when you do capture it on Amazon, it's a windfall of orders.

As a seller, eBay protects you 10x better than Amazon, but your potential or more $$$ with Amazon is better.  I've been on eBay since 1998, so I'm pretty comfortable with it.  I've been selling on Amazon for less than a year and still hate everything about it.  As a buyer, depends on what I want.....bout 50/50.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    eBay kicks a$$. I scored 2 Clauss 5406’s on eBay. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.