Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thursday night Wings

baldeagle7007
baldeagle7007 Posts: 26
edited October 2018 in EggHead Forum
Dried with paper towel out of fridge.
Put back in icebox for 30 minutes to dry skin.
Applied :
John Henry's Smokey Bourbon Rub
Kosher salt and CBP
Then on Egg 400* indirect 45 minutes on Woo at Felt line. Sauce in mixing bowl and return for another 15 minutes.
I think I found a regimen to repeat multiple times.   =)

Jim

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

XL
MiniMax
MHP Gasser
Thermoworks Smoke & Thermapen

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Great cook. I have folks coming in for Thanksgiving, that have demanded wings off the Egg, the entire time they are here. I might have to call on the former champs of wingding, and you to help me out.
    Thank you for posting.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Those look fantastic.  Thanks for sharing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Great looking wangs! I prefer the indirect as well
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    with that amount of wings, try building a hot fire on one side, couple chunks of burning lump on the other, grid atop the woo and then move the wings back and forth over the two fire zones to cook and crisp skin......more direct and less hassle with the platesetter.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.