Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pre-Baked Crust on Roccbox?

Options
I was just told that I am responsible for planning my 5 year old's birthday party, which will just be a playdate for 8-10 kids at our house.  Was thinking of letting them make their own pizzas and firing them in the roccbox, but I am worried about the logistics of stretching the dough, toppings, cooking etc.  I also don't want to deal with the heartbreak when someone overloads their pizza and all the toppings go flying into the flame.

Has anyone pre-baked dough and then cooked in the roccbox?  I could also use the egg, but then the kids can't see the pizzas get cooked.  Or I can just order pizza because they probably won't care anyway.  Thanks!

Comments

• gasman79
    Options
    I’m still waiting on my roccbox so i got nothing
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    5 yr olds likely won't care.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You would need to drop the RB temp way down if you are doing prebaked. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    You would need to drop the RB temp way down if you are doing prebaked. 
    This, otherwise the top won't cook before the base is toast.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I thought it only took 90 seconds to cook a pie in a Roccbox. Just launch one, build the second on the counter and once the first has been removed from the oven, drag the next one onto the peel and start again.

(Screen cap from a great Michael Evans video called "Naturally Risen".)

On the other hand, these are 5 year olds and if they're building their own, all bets are off! I hope you have adult help! :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    For 5 year olds I'd consider just splitting English muffins apart and making little individual pizzas on them. Easy for everyone to handle.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Or oven bake the premade crusts and call it a day

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)