Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Just ordered my second roccbox

Options
Williams Sonoma offering 20 percent off special promotion when you apply for WS credit card so I went ahead and surprisingly qualified for their credit card and ordered a second Roccbox which will be delivered sometime in late October.  I called after the discount didn't apply and dust service assured me the will take 20% and honor it even if the items ordered were exempt.   

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have to ask.....why does one need a second one?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited September 2018
    Options
    More pizza... duh
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I’m with @northGAcock on this one. Two seems excessive. PMing you my address @westernbbq

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• gasman79
    Options
    Amazing...i just ordered one and am gonna try to get the 20% off. They didn’t take it off mine either when i ordered. Although i used a code not a credit card.
  • gasman79
    Options
    It worked!!! I just called and used the code Fall and they told me they would apply the credit when they charge the card.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    They specifically list the Roccbox as not eligible for the 20% discount. Strange that they would then go ahead and say they will give 20% off if you call.

They also have the Uuni Pro available for 20% off (and you don't even have to call and ask).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• gasman79
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    They specifically list the Roccbox as not eligible for the 20% discount. Strange that they would then go ahead and say they will give 20% off if you call.

They also have the Uuni Pro available for 20% off (and you don't even have to call and ask).
    Yeah, not sure, the woman i spoke to notated my account and I can get her back since i now have her extension. Just need to call back on 10/12 to verify.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good luck, guys. I didn't see any restrictions on the credit card deal, but on the discount code one (20% + free shipping), the fine print says...

Can't imagine Roccbox would participate in one 20% deal and not the other. But go for it!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HeavyG
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The restrictions on the credit card deal say it does not apply to grills or stoves and lists a few brands specifically not included (damn, I was all set to buy a $25K Kalamazoo grill if I could get 20% off today) but the Roccobx is not listed and since is is an OVEN the 20% off should stick.

So the 20% off code FALL is definitely different than the 20% off W&S credit card offer.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    Sometimes you just have too much money and need to lighten the load.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Sure but this has to be balanced against the fact that the Uuni Pro sucks.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Sure but this has to be balanced against the fact that the Uuni Pro sucks.  
    "Fact"????

• Gwizrace
    Gwizrace Posts: 74
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Why would you say the Uuni Pro sucks?  Just curious I’m trying to decide what one to buy 
    Cheektowaga N.Y      LBGE,PRIMO XL, COOKSHAKE fec100,TRAEGER PRO 34,
    Hunsaker Drum,WEBER SMOKEY MOUNTAIN 22.5,Bbq Guru Dx2,Cyberq Could 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Gwizrace said:
    Why would you say the Uuni Pro sucks?  Just curious I’m trying to decide what one to buy 
    Just comments from lots of folks who started off with one and eventually switched over to a RB.

My sense is that they're just a lot more finicky and that the learning curve is pretty steep.  Also nowhere near as portable.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @westernbbq it's your money do whatever you want with it.  No need to explain here. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2018
    Options
    lwrehm said:
    Sometimes you just have too much money and need to lighten the load.

For those in egg nation who've read my rants of frustration vilifying uuni customer service and communication, I apologize if you're an uuni devotee.   I got a $500 Williams Sonoma gift card last year and used credit card points to pay the balance for a roccbox.
    This all stemmed from NOT being able to get a gas burner for the two uuni 3 units I had  when I needed it LAST year.   I got the roccbox, loved it and gave both uunis away.   Well when this promo on WS came up, I figured if the credit card application works and gets me 120 off the roccbox, I figured beck, when I need the extra capacity, I've got it and since the first one I got was free to me and the second one will cost me about $520 that means that I am getting TWO roccbox pizza ovens for less than two uunis  previously cost me.   After explaining this logic to SWMBO, she said as long as I'm happy, she's happy

So there you go
    Enjoy those rascals....you know we are all just messin with you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • gasman79
    Options
    i just want to know the recipes for the pizza dough and the other things you're cooking on them!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

baller move for sure

Phoenix 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    gasman79 said:
    i just want to know the recipes for the pizza dough and the other things you're cooking on them!
    Dough is simple....I follow varasano baker scale,   65% hydration sometimes 70% depending on type of flour but the key is in how the dough is handled.   Pay careful attention to this and get a feel for the dough, sort of like brisket..it'll be a little daunting at first but once you get the feel for it you'll never look back
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    gasman79 said:
    Buy the Ken Forkish book on Pizza.  Many of us use the dough recipes in there.  It’s a great place to start.  
  • gasman79
    Options
    Flour water salt yeast or elements of pizza first?
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    gasman79 said:
    Flour water salt yeast or elements of pizza first?

Just get the pizza one if that's what you're interested in.  It's one of my better pizza books.

Phoenix 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I just was asked to make ZA at a party on Nov 4 for my cousin in law 50th birthday party.  It'll be outside and there will be a decent sized crowd there so I may need dueling roccbox!