Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poll - Favorite Rotisserie Protein?

Options
I've been in a rut lately and need a change of pace. I thought I might break out the rotisserie this weekend. How about some suggestions on protein? I'd particularly favor a cut of beef or pork but am not sure what lends itself to rotisserie cooking.

All input welcome. Thanks in advance.
Michiana, South of the border.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    Leg of Lamb..........Thats is all we ever rotisseried growing up, of course it was on one of these - Still have it ,still works

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I'm not sure that would hold enough lump  ;) 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    It's the only way I enjoy eating pork loin, FWIW.  You tend to get a crispy exterior while the meat holds it's moisture surprisingly well
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I may try a loin roast. I'm due to pick up a whole loin and break it down for chops anyway. Bride of Teefus also gave the go-ahead for a Sirloin Eye Roast or a whole Duck.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never done this with a rotisserie over charcoal, but I have a toaster oven with a rotisserie feature. One of my favorite meals is a cornish game hen on that rotisserie. A little oil, some s&p and Herbes de Provence... Delicious every time. I think the self-basting is what does it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Whole duck and pork loin are my faves. Chicken is good but it’s just a lot of work given you could just to a spatchcock. Or get a Costco chicken. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN