Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Some Audi pics - OT

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,474
Got up while the light was good and the traffic was light, drove up to one of the reservoirs and on Snowbasin road.  Most of the smoke had been blown out, too!

This thing rides so smooooth compared to my 17-year-old Saab, but I hope I get over not having a manual trannie.  The full-time all-wheel-drive is a bit different too, although with the traffic this holiday weekend I didn't push it too hard.  Still got a long way to go through the Owner's Manual, quite a textbook-like tome.  All pics, Nikon Df w/35mm f2 Carl Zeiss lens.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Really beautiful, the car and the scenery.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If you don't want this to be sunk or buffaloed you will either need to out a BGE bumper sticker on that gorgeous new sled or you will have to strap a minimax into the passenger seat.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Great looking machine.  And quite creative with that plate  ;)
    I get the wrestling with the lack of the stick.  If you have the paddle shifters venture carefully with their use.
    Above all, enjoy as you will find the experience to be well worth it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Nice car, Nice view!! 
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Is it a double clutch auto (DSG)?  Anne has that in her A3. The stop - start can take a bit of getting used to, especially pulling out of junctions, and creeping in car parks isn't the same as in a normal auto.  I'm switching between my auto most of the time and then the DSG occassionally and a bit of adjustment is needed when driving the Audi.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wow!  Beautiful drive!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nice!  Just take a 90 degree turn way faster than you normally would and you’ll see the quattro difference.  These cars corner like they’re on rails.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Very nice. Audi makes great looking cars all around  - but I the A5 is my favorite of any car brand 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Is it a double clutch auto (DSG)?  Anne has that in her A3. The stop - start can take a bit of getting used to, especially pulling out of junctions, and creeping in car parks isn't the same as in a normal auto.  I'm switching between my auto most of the time and then the DSG occassionally and a bit of adjustment is needed when driving the Audi.
    Yes, it has DSG (having never owned an automatic before, I wouldn't notice a difference).  I've already gotten into the habit of disabling the "stop-start" up front, that's irritating!  The automatic is fantastic for my commute, HAFB is a pain to get on, with the extra security issues (checking everyone's ID against a list or a scanner); that's when the clutch gets old.

And apologies, I posted too-high resolution pics and made it super-slow to load, d'Oh!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Very nice car @Botch.  Beautiful pics all around.  Have fun with the new ride.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Yes, it has DSG (having never owned an automatic before, I wouldn't notice a difference).  I've already gotten into the habit of disabling the "stop-start" up front, that's irritating!  The automatic is fantastic for my commute, HAFB is a pain to get on, with the extra security issues (checking everyone's ID against a list or a scanner); that's when the clutch gets old.

And apologies, I posted too-high resolution pics and made it super-slow to load, d'Oh!  
    With stop - start you can relase the brake pedal as well, and it stays stopped. When you think you are going to need to move off, a very light tap on the throttle starts the engine but the car doesn't move. Then it takes off smoothly when you want to go.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice!  Just take a 90 degree turn way faster than you normally would and you’ll see the quattro difference.  These cars corner like they’re on rails.
    I have had a couple quattros and they plough (understeer), although I think this is mostly because they are front-heavy. 

Here's where you can have fun.  Pull up next to a corvette at a stop light in heavy rain.  Rev your engine and stare at the guy with a maniacal grin.  Floor it when the light turns green.  You will smoke him for the first 100 feet.
    Options
    I have had a couple quattros and they plough (understeer), although I think this is mostly because they are front-heavy. 
    I'd say this feels like a Ferarri to Botch after switching from a 19 year old Saab convertible.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    edited September 2018
    Options
    New Audi owner: my car drives so smooth, so much fun!

Porsche owner: let me explain to you why you made a terrible mistake.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Nice car Botch, I have the A6 Quattro. I love it, very smooth ride and will out corner JIC's Audi, probably the driver not the car.  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Enjoy! Ran into your trade in today. Can’t believe you gave it up.