Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One of those "America’s Best Bourbon Bars 2018" lists-

Options
Below is a link to someone's list of best bourbon bars by region.  You may find your "watering hole" listed or a lead to some new stops. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Below is a link to someone's list of best bourbon bars by region.  You may find your "watering hole" listed or a lead to some new stops. 

They are all in Kentucky....whats up with that? Just kidding....I see the other regions.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,400
    Options
    @northGAcock - just scroll to the bottom of the article for links to other regions...No worries, your address is not listed  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Technically not a bar, but Little Alley Steaks should be on the list somewhere. 426 varieties on hand and the food is amongst the best in the USA (Top 100 Steakhouses) 

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/dining-news/new-little-alley-steak-buckhead-triple-size-roswell-original/
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    There is one that is missing that I am completely disappointed about. The Beaumont Inn, Harrodsburg, Kentucky. First it should be mentioned as the best ever, just for the bar, but the entire location and its historical significance is incredible.
    One of the finest places to dine and enjoy southern food, great old style Georgian mansion converted to an inn.
    Gotta do it if you come to Kentucky.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    The Ky part of the list is actually pretty thorough but they have missed one of the very best in the state. Not for cocktails but simply for the bourbon. They have several bottles that are not available any other place in the world. I have posted it here before but they get bottles of Christmas runs and other special bottles from local bourbon execs. Reasonable also.

http://capitalcellars.com/
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @northGAcock - just scroll to the bottom of the article for links to other regions...No worries, your address is not listed  ;)
    The only Bourbon at @northGAcock is what @bgebrent, @YukonRon and myself have left there.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Although the exact location changes frequently, they could add "Yukon Ron's campsite" and be correct.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Citizen Oublic House in Boston must’ve been a pity pick to help cover the NE region. Never been to the place in Syracuse NY either, but have gone to Scotch N Sirloin there. Place has a legit bourbon list covering all the bases. Last time I was in, I enjoyed ALL of the Weller offerings, from Old Weller to William Larue Weller for under $70. Then topped it off with a couple ounces of Thomas Handy’s Sazerac Rye. No easy feat just about anywhere in the country.