Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Prime Rib On The Egg, Joetisserie Style.

Picked up a 4 lb prime rib from a local butcher yesterday. He did a beautiful job trimming and wrapping it.

I coated it in worcestershire sauce, kosher salt and one of my go to rubs and put it on the spit over a 275 degree fire and plum chunks from a tree I cut down on my property.

A couple of hours later pulled the roast at 123 degrees and let it rest for 15 min.
Here's the finished product. It was truly one of the best prime ribs I've ever had.

Just as an afterthought, here's a pic of Saturday night's dinner. This was my second meatloaf on the egg, and they both turned out extraordinary. I had every intention of taking pics of the finished product, but alas, the Maker's Mark and my appetite got the best of me. Here's how it started out.

Comments

• Looks awesome, hard to beat a prime rib on the egg. Nice bacon weave on that loaf!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,246
    Nailed that rib roast.  What a great cross-section finish.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,473
    That Roast is picture perfect!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TakTak Posts: 128
    WOW....that looks great!!!
  • SmolderSmolder Posts: 85
    Thanks for the nice comments. It tasted as good as it looks. I'm loving that rotisserie more every time I use it.
  • Your pictures are directly responsible for me dropping $100 this weekend. Thanks.
    LBGE
    36" Blackstone
    Charleston, SC
  • MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 589
    Very nice looking cook.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,161
    Total drooler!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 725
    Amazing looking prime rib!  That's one beautiful looking piece of meat

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,430
    @Smolder
    Great looking grub for sure. 
    On a separate note, your user name is the same as one of my very favorite artisan shaving soaps. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.