Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops

Options
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Looking for advice on scallops and lobster.  Any favs?

TIA

RC
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For scallops I prefer U10 Dry.  

When it comes to lobster, I never met one that I didn’t like. I like them all about equally.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    For scallops- dry and dust each side with flour. Butter and hot pan to brown each side- less is more. My opinion- skillet is the way to go here. 

There will be others coming in with better lobster advice than I can offer. 

@fishlessman

Greensboro, NC
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    As Wolfpack stated, skillet for scallops. I have yet to do lobster on the egg.

XL BGE
    MD
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    LOBSTAH. Ive only done tails but this a winner:

Split meat down the middle and pull out of split shell leaving end attached.  

Balance in pan with 1.w5 " water  and put on hot grill, cover with aluminum foil.  Steam until meat is opaque and NOT rubbery   check cooks illustrated for IT temp guide.

Serve with clarified butter and lemon and be a GOD