Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked chicken thighs

Options
Does anyone have a good recipe for smoked chicken thighs?

Comments

• 11Longhorns11
    Options
    I did some with salt and pepper then wrapped them in jalepeno bacon. Simple but good, you can’t go wrong with chicken thighs. Very underrated in my opinion.
    XL BGE, Vermont Castings gasser

Texan that lives in Winston Salem, NC

God, Family, Texas Football         We Don’t Rent Pigs
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I do a buttermilk brine overnight then grill them raised direct for about 30 minutes with some good results.  we have a few of my wife's friends that drop off chicken for the weekly meal prep that all swear by the recipe.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I dust with whatever rub sounds good at the time.  That can be as simple as salt and pepper and cook to IT of 165 then baste them with a sauce and pull at 180.  Could be BBQ, habanero peach, wing sauce, a jelly or even honey.  If you have time a low and slow cook will produce a soft texture and a 350-400 cook will have a subtle texture.  I prefer the soft texture with the subtle smoke from the lump.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    divr71 said:
    Does anyone have a good recipe for smoked chicken thighs?
    I do several different versions of chicken thighs. More often than not I debone them and stuff them with various things like peppers, ground sausage, spinach, cheese etc, etc. Wrapping with bacon is preferred. The two compliment each other well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.