Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

what is your favorite pickled jalapeno recipe?

FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,167
so visiting a friend in GA this past weekend and I picked a few lbs of jalapenos, with a handful of habaneros, from his garden. I'd like to pickle them and then pull them out come CFB season

what is your favorite recipe?
Boom

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,780
    so visiting a friend in GA this past weekend and I picked a few lbs of jalapenos, with a handful of habaneros, from his garden. I'd like to pickle them and then pull them out come CFB season

mrs wages bread and butter pickle
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,088
    edited July 24
    2% Salt Brine add some garlic, a bay leaf to keep it crunchy 2 - 3 week ferment ---keep some to  blend some up for a Jalapeno Sriracha

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211374/ot-lacto-fermentation-fun-peppers-and-sriracha/p1
    Visalia, Ca
  • so visiting a friend in GA this past weekend and I picked a few lbs of jalapenos, with a handful of habaneros, from his garden. I'd like to pickle them and then pull them out come CFB season

this right here. 

Little Rock, AR

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,167

bread and butter is one thing I don't get into at all, unfortunately 
    Boom
  • They are nothing like bread and butter pickles, though, for some reason. I dont like bread and butter pickles but made 15 quarts of the peppers. We love em and so does everybody I’ve ever given them to. 

Little Rock, AR

• Ima_good_eggIma_good_egg Posts: 583
    I make a sweet version called cowboy candy. We put them in everything. Just googling cowboy candy brings up the recipe.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,167
    lkapigian said:
    2% Salt Brine add some garlic, a bay leaf to keep it crunchy 2 - 3 week ferment ---keep some to  blend some up for a Jalapeno Sriracha

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211374/ot-lacto-fermentation-fun-peppers-and-sriracha/p1
    doing this

can i use pickling salt or should I use regular salt?
    Boom
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,088
    edited July 25
    I make a sweet version called cowboy candy. We put them in everything. Just googling cowboy candy brings up the recipe.
    I'm afraid to Google Cowboy Candy  =)

But I did, I will give that a try
    Visalia, Ca
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,949
    I posted the recipe a week and a half ago.
  • Ima_good_eggIma_good_egg Posts: 583
    It’s not nsfw, I swear!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,900
    lkapigian said:
    I'm afraid to Google Cowboy Candy  =)
    Just use Googlez Search, not Googlez Imagez.  
    And, if you'll excuse me, I must log off now....    =)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.