Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this really a Big Green Egg???

Options

And if it is what in the world would you have to do to it to make it look like this??????

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    $250? Must be a new way to advertise personal services, because at that price, someone is getting screwed.  
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    It’s an old kamado made of earthenware but it doesn’t look quite like the really old BGEs.  The metal top looks like one I’ve seen on the Hibachi Pot kamado.  Same for the cart.  My vote is: NOT a BGE.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    Are they Trying to compare that hunk of s—— to a new Egg? Good luck on that rehab
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Looks like an Imperial Kamado to me. I've had several over the years. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    @stlcharcoal ????  Hinges look very much like the original hinges that the hook on the ash clean out too was designed for (Hook locks and unlocks the hinges)

Jonathon will know!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Sure doesn't look like it to me......Imperial.  And maybe worth $100 as a conversation piece.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My guess is the guy that sold it to this sucker in the ad for $150 probably told them it was a BGE and this person selling it now is trying to pass it along for a quick Benjamin profit.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    One for sale in the Bay Area for $50.00 if it's there next week when I go, going to snag it--it's worth the $50.00
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    One for sale in the Bay Area for $50.00 if it's there next week when I go, going to snag it--it's worth the $50.00

I'd probably risk it for the 50 as well, but it looks like it might crumble on the way home.

Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It is not a big green egg. The add is pretty misleading because the big green egg firebox likely won't fit in that relic. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Looks like it’s a Mini size.  Very rarely see those around here.  There’s also a “modern” style (different shaped base) kamado on Craigslist as well.  
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    I had an Imperial Kamado that I put a BGE firebox in (it had a slightly smaller diameter than the original IK firebox).  Placement of the holes was different and the original charcoal grate was too small to fit.  I had to add a BGE charcoal grate as well.

Bay Area, CA