Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE MeatLoaf (1st attempt)

Options
I think it turned out pretty well, just a few tweaks to make for a solid simple meatloaf on the Egg.

Thanks again to the forum for some tips on the cook. 

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Boom! Love me some egged meatloaf.

Great stuff 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Great looking meatloaf. One of these days try it with a bacon weave and you will not be disappointed 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Great looking meatloaf. One of these days try it with a bacon weave and you will not be disappointed 
    Or do like I did mine tonight...fry 4 strips of bacon to get the tasty bacon grease to use to saute the green pepper, onion, anchoives, garlic and some other ingredients, before adding to my meat and some other ingredients! Oh and BTW I cut those 4 bacon pieces into small pieces and mix in with my meat mixture! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    RRP said:
    Or do like I did mine tonight...fry 4 strips of bacon to get the tasty bacon grease to use to saute the green pepper, onion, anchoives, garlic and some other ingredients, before adding to my meat and some other ingredients! Oh and BTW I cut those 4 bacon pieces into small pieces and mix in with my meat mixture! 
    Sounds tasty, may have to forget to mention the anchovies to SWMBO  =) I take it adds a bit of saltiness to it?
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options
    Looks great. I love meatloaf on the Egg!

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Smolder
    Smolder Posts: 104
    Options
    Great looking meatloaf. I've always loved meatloaf, but once I started cooking it on the egg, there's no going back to the oven.