Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice day on the water

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
Not a great fishing day but a great boating day.
Ran over 40mph offshore.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Great View Darian!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    A buddy of mine once said “A bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work.”
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Dyal_SC said:
    A buddy of mine once said “A bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work.”

I've also heard "a bad day at work is better than a good day with the inlaws"

@Photo Egg  that is some calm open water, I'm guessing that doesn't happen often?

Phoenix 
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    @Photo Egg - what part of the country? 
    New Orleans LA
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Wonderful.  I grew up in Muskegon and went fishing out there for 20 years.  

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Photo Egg
    kingsmoke said:
    Awesome  pic. Great day on Lake Michigan as well. Had to climb the sand dune to get the view.
    People who spend their life in the South or Midwest have no clue how big the Great Lakes really are!
    Beautiful
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    blasting said:
    Dyal_SC said:

I've also heard "a bad day at work is better than a good day with the inlaws"

@Photo Egg  that is some calm open water, I'm guessing that doesn't happen often?

So true. We only ran little over 30 miles offshore but we're able to hit 45mph at times.
    22' Whaler, not a norm.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    BTW- most travelers have no clue as to the average depth of any ocean body of water they are flying over.  I could spot 'em 10K feet and always win and I get that.  They just want to get from point A to point B.  
    As a side note- no concept of the size of the Pacific Ocean til they get strapped in for a greater than one lap of the 12 hour clock to their destination.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Photo Egg said:
    kingsmoke said:
    Awesome  pic. Great day on Lake Michigan as well. Had to climb the sand dune to get the view.
    People who spend their life in the South or Midwest have no clue how big the Great Lakes really are!
    Beautiful
    Muskegon to Milwaukee is 88 miles.  Chicago to Mackinaw sailboat race in 333 miles.  

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nice @Photo Egg! We did have a  purty day, despite all the rain web we’ve been having lately. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks like a great boating trip.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Photo Egg said:
    kingsmoke said:
    Beautiful
    Or how cold the water is.
    America has so many awesome natural beautiful sites

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Images like these are why I wish I could win the lotto and live on the ocean. Nice!!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Went out for ride Saturday out of Morehead City NC 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Photo Egg
    Went out for ride Saturday out of Morehead City NC 
    Nice...that's a bunch more boat than our little 22' Whaler.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited July 2018
    Not cooked on the Egg but hard to top fresh Red Snapper.
    Snapper "sapparito" for Wife.
    Parmigiano reggiaiano for me, 2 of each. Mine stuck a little to the pan.

Fish sandwich for dinner tonight.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Any day on the water is a good day. I plan to be out here again this weekend if I have some time.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • kingsmoke
    kingsmoke Posts: 151
    Any day on the water is a good day. I plan to be out here again this weekend if I have some time.
    Kinda curious what the water temp is there?  Beautiful view , but I see snow capped mountains.  Although Lake Michigan is about 70 degrees (near shore) , Lake Superior is only 48 degrees.  
    Grand Rapids , Mi
    LBGE -  28Blackstone - Saber grill