Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your best brisket rub recipe?

Options
2»

Comments

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Kosher Salt, coarse ground black pepper. A sprinkle of chili powder. Better yet, just show the chili powder label to the brisket and call it good. Use the right wood and the rub doesn’t matter. I like a mix of White Oak and  mesquite. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    You just into resurrecting old threads tonight, @Teefus?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Bubba107
    Options
    I’m originally fromTexas and Bar B Q Brisket is a common everyday event. Tried many seasonings and the winner is always 
    coarse kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper. Rub in brisket night before then cook around 275 average time is about 12-13 hours when done then wrap in foil then in towels place in ice chest for about 4-6 hours will come out perfect with salt and pepper. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I like to use Mortons Tender Quick for 10 minutes, rinse off and brush on kitchen bouquet and then used different rubs . . . cowlick, gunpowder to name name a few
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap