Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled lemon, fresh mint, maple and bourbon lemonade

Options
GrateEggspectations
GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,295
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
Ingredients....

Start by grilling some lemons.....

Squeeze the juice (of 4 or so grilled lemons) and add maple syrup (1/4-1/2 cup), fresh mint (3-4 sprigs), warm water (1.5 quarts or so) and bourbon (let your spirit be your guide), then muddle. Chill and serve on ice. 

Refreshing and delicious, as well as intoxicating. 

Made for a nice afternoon in the pool.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I have this aversion to bourbon being a sacrificial anode in any "unique" (including mint juleps but I get over that once a year) recipe, but given this friggin heat and the BGE application here that sounds great.  I would bet the bourbon to water ratio can climb with follow-on batches.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Bookmarked. Always interested in an alternative to bourbon rocks. That looks like a refreshing adult bev. Will try it!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have this aversion to bourbon being a sacrificial anode in any "unique" (including mint juleps but I get over that once a year) recipe, but given this friggin heat and the BGE application here that sounds great.  I would bet the bourbon to water ratio can climb with follow-on batches.  
    @lousubcap: We’re experiencing a huge heat wave here, which is what inspired me. Going to be 119F tomorrow with humidex.

Simply adjust the brown water content such that it brings you into Low Earth Orbit.  ;)
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,295
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Bookmarked. Always interested in an alternative to bourbon rocks. That looks like a refreshing adult bev. Will try it!
    @HendersonTRKing: Not to divert my own thread, but if you’re looking for a new twist on bourbon, give whiskey sours a try. Play with the recipe to suit your tastes, and you will not find a better mix anywhere. I’m not really a cocktail kinda guy, but this is worth trying...
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203205/whiskey-sour-recipe-give-it-a-try
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Want.  Thanks.