Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - $185 Wagyu sandwich...

HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,582
edited June 25 in Off Topic

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,280
    Expense account and big tippers  =)  
    They need to add more Japanese beer selections...
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,099
    Any place that calls a sandwich a “sando” is trying a bit too hard to be trendy if you ask me.  
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,779
    I'm sorry but for $185 there better not be any bread or condiments touching the piece of meat I'm eating. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,854
    But do they make you put a deposit down and sign a felony theft affidavit to get a knife? 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,582
    Any place that calls a sandwich a “sando” is trying a bit too hard to be trendy if you ask me.  
    The Japanese word for "sandwich" is pronounced "sandoichi" so I guess that is what they are going for.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,990
    Sammies, sandoozles or Adam Sandlers. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Markarm4119Markarm4119 Posts: 387
    As P.T. Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,099
    HeavyG said:
    The Japanese word for "sandwich" is pronounced "sandoichi" so I guess that is what they are going for.
    What’s the Japanese word for “douche canoe” ?
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,576
    Why put that on bread.  Dilution of Waygu.  I’m sure it’s a delicious rip off.  I’ll take my $150 Waygu brisket.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,582
    HeavyG said:
    What’s the Japanese word for “douche canoe” ?
    Unsure - I don't even know what that means in english (but it sure does sound funny).
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,915
    how much do you tip on something like that.  do like the box, the sandwich just doesnt look appetizing to me
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,779
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,020

It's safe to say that anyone who would order this sandwich is not someone I'd enjoy sitting around a bonfire with.   

Phoenix 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,677
    blasting said:

It's safe to say that anyone who would order this sandwich is not someone I'd enjoy sitting around a bonfire with.   

Would they really be attending a Bonfire? I'm thinking wine mixers on Catalina is more their style.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• steel_eggsteel_egg Posts: 238
    Hypothetically I’d say I’d buy it to try it. When face to face with the menu I’d probably give it the finger and go grab a chili dog from the cart around the corner. 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,990
    It looks like a country fried steak sandoozle served on pound cake. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.